World Families Forums - How did you get involved in Genealogy?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:39:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  How did you get involved in Genealogy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you get involved in Genealogy?  (Read 2006 times)
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:54 AM »

What was the motivation for starting research on your family?
quilmaster

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »

My Father was born in the North and my Mother in the South.  We began having family reunions on my mother's side, and not too long thereafter, I came across a "Big Blue" floppy for recording family trees and a "Tandy 1000".  I began doing that around 1980.  Twenty five years later, after doing face to face research, looking into family bibles, pasting family trees on the walls at reunions, etc, coupled with a subscription to Ancestry.com, I completed my (first edition) 5,000 page book with over 4,000 named individuals and 800 surnames.  I never stopped at blood lines, but included any link I could make.  It may not be a real pedigree, but there is one in there.  Once I subscribed to Ancestry...I probably increased my count of individuals by 1.000 or more-highly recommended.
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »

I don't want to draw this entire discussion off-topic, but out of curiousity, what family are you, and what is the title of your book?  Is it possible to buy it online?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 18 queries.