World Families Forums - Spain >> Puerto Rico

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 06:46:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'R'
| | |-+  Robles (Moderator: roblesAdmin)
| | | |-+  Spain >> Puerto Rico
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spain >> Puerto Rico  (Read 857 times)
Roman C. Scholz

« on: April 13, 2009, 04:02:13 AM »

Hi,
my 12-Marker-Profile matches R1 and R6 at 11 of 12 Markers. I know this is not much, but my name also isn't Robles and i'm not from Spain but from Silesia, which is in the south of Poland today.

I guess R1 and R6 are from Puerto Rico, because my only full 12/12 match also is a Robles from this state but de does not seem to participate in this project.

My question is: Will it for the Robles family in Puerto Rico ever be possible to trace their lines back to Spain? I don't know when these lines came there and if there are records about that at all.
That isn't actually my family history, but up to now i have no other matches so this is the only clue i have and although it might not be possible to find the connection i like to know which Robles family in Spain i match so maybe i can find the Person who came from Spain to Silesia, if that happend during a time when records are made.
vmrobles

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:39:32 PM »

According to Wikipedia Silesia is a historical region of Central Europe located mostly in present-day Poland, with parts in the Czech Republic and Germany. The Celts were supposed to have originated in Central Europe so it’s possible that my early ancestor was from that area before his descendants arrived to Iberia. Northern Spain including Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria were inhabited by Celtic peoples before the Germanic tribes and later the Romans arrived. The Robles name originated in the Leon province near the Asturian border. The Spanish from the north spread to other parts of Iberia during the conquest of Spain from the Moors. A Bernardo de Robles was one of the conquerers of Baeza in Andalucia and his descendants spread all over southern Spain. From southern Spain participated in the conquest of the Canary Islands and from there they went to the Americas and to Puerto Rico. Another point that you should keep in mind is that about the 4th and 5th century Celts from southwestern England were fleeing from the invading Saxons and settled in northern Spain and Brittany, France.
R1 is the uncle of R6. I am R2 and I have a genetic distance of 2 with R1 and R6. I have a cousin whose grandfather was my father’s first cousin and he has a genetic distance of 2 also with 67 markers. In fact my cousin, who is not yet a member of this group, is a little closer genetically to R1 and R6 then to me! R1 tested for 25 markers and his nephew R6 tested for 37 markers. I consulted this with a doctor in genetics and he said that in my particular case is known as reverse mutation. It is estimated that our ancestor, mine and of R1 and R6, came from Spain to Puerto Rico in the mid 1600’s.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.