World Families Forums - Browsing

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 11:35:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  House (Moderator: Paul Howes )
| | | |-+  Browsing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Browsing  (Read 1489 times)
Edward P. House

« on: June 04, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »

Hey,
   If your browsing, please feel free to add any information about the House families that you might have for us.
tewilder

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:15:12 PM »

The problem is that there is too much information, and what is needed is a really good way to present it in an organized way together with the unresolved problems. I have about 500 Houses in my tree, but there are many more that I can't figure out where to place.

I would love to join the testing here, but I am not in the direct line of descent.

Is there going to be any coordination with the Palatine DNA project? One of the House families, perhaps the largest, was a Palatine family, and heavily intermarried with other Palatines.
Edward P. House

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:32:37 AM »

Tim,
   Thanks for the reply. I don't know how we would be included in the Palatine DNA project. I would be a wonderful idea. My studies indicate that many of the Houses' here in Central New York are prbably descended from the Johann Christian Haus line. There are many more who migrated to Michigan and parts lin the late 1800's. You are very correct Tim when you state that there is "too much information" since there are also many other families of House in the US. Thanks again Tim.                    ED
earlhouse

Researching Matthias House Line

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »

Do you have the Matthias Hauss/House family of Madison Co., Va in your House data? Matthias was supposed born in Germany ca 1739 and died in Madison County in 1814. There are good records from Matthias on down, but nothing before.

Earl D. House
Sand Springs, OK
Edward P. House

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »

Dear Earl,
   I don't have any records of Matthias in my line. Thanks for asking.                               H1
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 04:44:26 PM by EMOUSE » Logged
tewilder

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »

The only thing I have been tracking is the descendants of (Johann) Christian House, one of the 1710 Palatine immigrants. And there are parts of that family I have left alone, either because of not data, or because I would just be copying work done by Douglas Deal, on RootsWeb, on the line of Christian's son John, which uses the name Hause.

What I have is mainly the family of the grandson of JS House, Conrad, who went into the Mohawk Valley. There were other sons of Christian House who apparently went to Vermont, or Pennsylvania, or the Hudson Valley, or Orange County, New York. I don't have the data to start putting them together. Basically I started from Jones, The Palatine Families of New York, and Shaver, The House Family of the Mohawk, fit that with what I was able to find from my family connection, and then extended that based on census and newspaper obituaries and reports. But census and newspapers do not provide key early connections. Thus there are Houses all over that I can't place, even though I know that it is highly likely to be descendants of Johann Christian House through son George House or even the grandson Conrad. In the 1790 census there were House families all over that area whose ancestry and descent I can't place, plus some more using the name Haus.

I have the data in my tree with copies at all the usual places. RootsWeb, http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tewilder, will let you download any part of the GEDCOM that you want.
Edward P. House

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »

Tim,
    I have contacted the administrator of the Palantine DNA Project and qualify to be on the site. Have submitted the request for membership.                                                                  ED (H-1)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.