World Families Forums - looking for the long lost relatives

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 09:01:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  looking for the long lost relatives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: looking for the long lost relatives  (Read 1121 times)
auieey

« on: March 22, 2007, 02:23:12 PM »

Hi My name is Rowena Mendez I'm Filipino, 22 years old
My great great grandfather ( Alfonso Mendez ) was former soldier from hispanic country during the World War I, and my grandfather told me that he was not able to go back to his country together with some of his brothers whose also a soldier. He ( Alfonso Mendez ) was not able to find out the where abouts of his siblings, after the war. He married a Filipino and they had a son ( Pedro Mendez ) and he died during 1980s or something not sure...and one of his son's is my grandfather ( Domingo Mendez ) which is now turning 75,
and he was blessed with 6 sons and 2 daughters one of his son is my Father ( Rogelio Mendez ) who died by the year 1986 he told my mom that he wanted to know the lost  relatives of his great great grandpa that is why I am posting some informations of my ancestors. By the way  my family lived in a province of SAMAR the name of City is Gama it's a city with a different races like--> Chinese, hispanic backgrounds.The Mendez Family lived there for such a long time since
World War I. I am hoping that I can trace my family

Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »

You can do a global search of all available test results to see if you come up with any matches.  If there are any, you can work on trying to piece together what the relationship is with those other genealogists.

Once your results are available, you'll be able to go into your personal page at FTDNA and do a search for yDNA matches.  You'll always see all of the other results in your surname - and at that time, you'll be able to select a preference that allows you to compare against all others of all surnames who opt in to the FTDNA internal comparison.  (When your results are back, we'll post them on your surname project’s Results page.)
You'll also be able to upload your results to Ysearch (FTDNA's public database - open to all) and see who you match there.

FTDNA will send you automated messages when you have a match (either with only your surname project members or to their internal "opted-in" database) - depending on your selection.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/faqs.html#compareresults

Also, both Y-DNA and mtDNA will help you discover your "Deep Ancestry," which tells you which population group your ancestors were a part of 10s of thousands of years ago (the technical term is "haplogroup").  Y-DNA tells you your ancestry of your father's father's father and mtDNA tells your mother's mother's mother's ancestry.  If you want information on additional branches, testing relatives (aunts, uncles, cousins) can give you more data.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 12:56:33 PM by Biscuits » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 17 queries.