We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Kozlowski Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)
There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1. Send the pedigree by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org in the simplified form described below (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include
Email address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
Name, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct male line).
2. Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum. By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).
- You must be logged in to post on this forum.
How do I register to post a pedigree?
I've already registered. How do I log in?
- Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.
- Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.
- The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line. Please post only the information for each generation:
Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information)
Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:
o Post four pieces of information for each ancestor
o Begin with the earliest generation
o Use standard abbreviations: m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc
o Try to keep to one line per generation
o Include only generations that have this family surname
o Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider
o Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant
o Use surname with each generation
o Don’t use all caps
o Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.
o Don’t number the generations
Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".
If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time.