World Families Forums - haplogroup T2

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2014, 10:59:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  MtDNA Projects
| | |-+  mt-T2 (Moderator: Elizabeth Kipp)
| | | |-+  haplogroup T2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: haplogroup T2  (Read 4326 times)
Odetha

« on: March 17, 2007, 07:10:35 PM »

mtDNA testing completed by GeneTree

Odetha Gilbertson b 1943 OK
Ruby Lea Collins b 1924 Yell County AR d 1998 Monroe County WI
Mae Doyle b MO 1895 d 1927 Johnston County OK
Dora C Smith b 1874 Bollinger County MO d c1900 MO/AR
Sarah Crites b 1847 Bollinger County MO d 1874 Bollinger County MO
ron_mesnard

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:49 AM »

I am not sure 20th century references will be useful for a study like this.  I do not claim to be an expert but I am a bit of a history buff.  I went to this site for info but I guess I will give some instead. 

The world distribution of T2s appeared significant to me.  I would guess the origins of T2 may be linked to an achient pre history civilization, the Sythicans.  We do not know much about them because there history is lost.  I believe they were called the Hittites by Ramses of Egypt who was able to stop their expansion into Egypt.  The city of Troy payed tribute to to a great empire probably the sythians.  The area that was Sythian was conquored by the Persians, Greeks, Romans and the Turks.   These waves of invasions can easily account for the highest concentrations og T2 outside the old Sythiabn boundries.  What about Iceland?
The Romans conquored another huge empire the Galls.  We call the the Celts.  Some Romans records claim the Gauls had been part of the Sythian civilication.  They had been in the NW part of the empire living around the Black Sea.  They were very good with horse warfair.  They expanded North and West.  At the birth of Christ their empire was larger than the Romain Empire.  Julius Ceaser conguored them.  Not much is known about the Galls.  I suspect the conquored German tribes had revolted and had weakened the empire of the Gauls.  Their empire was starting to crumble when the Romans took over a large part of it.  Later the germans would conquor the Romans. 
Anyway, the T2 concentrations are highest in the region that might have been the Sythian civilization.  Then spreads out North and West far more than South and East.  Italy has a high concentration.  Areas known to be strong Celtic strongholds are fairly high in T2.  Later, the conquored Celtic lands produced peoples that also expanded. 

This is one explaination.  The other is the distribution was even before 2000 BC and the migration route is about the same as the expansion routes. 
raylene

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:52 PM »

mtDNA testing done by Genetree

Bleichschmidt /Blacksmith, Elizabeth      b1828 Germany, m Michael Angert
Angert, Mary        b 1829 Butler County PA USA, d 1930, m Nicholas Osche
Osche, Elizabeth  b 1882 Butler County PA USA, d 1945, m Martin Robert Michel
Michel, Ethel         b 1921 Butler County PA USA, d 2005, m R Victor O'Donnell
arosa

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 06:54:55 AM »

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a rare group pf lineages it is hard to find any information on origin and population/ethnic association for T2. Is it possible that you could indicate the reference for their link with the Scythicans?

I am not sure 20th century references will be useful for a study like this.  I do not claim to be an expert but I am a bit of a history buff.  I went to this site for info but I guess I will give some instead. 

The world distribution of T2s appeared significant to me.  I would guess the origins of T2 may be linked to an achient pre history civilization, the Sythicans.  We do not know much about them because there history is lost.  I believe they were called the Hittites by Ramses of Egypt who was able to stop their expansion into Egypt.  The city of Troy payed tribute to to a great empire probably the sythians.  The area that was Sythian was conquored by the Persians, Greeks, Romans and the Turks.   These waves of invasions can easily account for the highest concentrations og T2 outside the old Sythiabn boundries.  What about Iceland?
The Romans conquored another huge empire the Galls.  We call the the Celts.  Some Romans records claim the Gauls had been part of the Sythian civilication.  They had been in the NW part of the empire living around the Black Sea.  They were very good with horse warfair.  They expanded North and West.  At the birth of Christ their empire was larger than the Romain Empire.  Julius Ceaser conguored them.  Not much is known about the Galls.  I suspect the conquored German tribes had revolted and had weakened the empire of the Gauls.  Their empire was starting to crumble when the Romans took over a large part of it.  Later the germans would conquor the Romans. 
Anyway, the T2 concentrations are highest in the region that might have been the Sythian civilization.  Then spreads out North and West far more than South and East.  Italy has a high concentration.  Areas known to be strong Celtic strongholds are fairly high in T2.  Later, the conquored Celtic lands produced peoples that also expanded. 

This is one explaination.  The other is the distribution was even before 2000 BC and the migration route is about the same as the expansion routes. 
Linda Lea Christ

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »

Maternal Haplogroup T2 test by Genebase.com
Linda Lea Christ -b 12/05/1952 Milwaukee, WI
mother: Carol Elsie Ann Scheiderer-Lemke-Christ-Schlehlein b April 28, 1932 Milwaukee, WI m Kenneth Charles Christ m Matthew Schlehlein
grandmother: Lillian Mary Magdalene Laun-Scheiderer-Lemke-Stiles b Sept 25, 1905 d June 19, 1999 m Henry Scheiderer m Harvey Lemke Sr. m Reginald Louis Stiles
g grandmother: Anna Otto-Laun-Gerhardt b May 3, 1884 d Jan. 10, 1945 m William Laun Jr. m Mr. Gerhardt
gg grandmother: Margarethe Louise Karoline Leder-Otto b Feb 8, 1849 d Oct. 4, 1926     m Gotlieb Otto
Linda Lea Christ

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:26 AM »

Go to Genebase.com to check out dna tested Scythians from long ago.
Very interesting to see where we match.
Also, T2's are related to the maternal line of Czar Nicholas II of Russia and
Jesse James most likely his brother Frank James as well, buried in Missouri.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.