World Families Forums - Mito group R*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 05:46:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  Mito group R*
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mito group R*  (Read 1087 times)
Reiverroots

« on: April 01, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »

Hi,
I'm needing some advice about my mitogroup. I have done DeCodeMe and they say I am R*. When I did a basic test with Oxford Ancestors a few years ago they said I was H!
When I queried this with DeCodeMe they told me that their test is better able to refine my results and they are confident I am R*.
On another site some suggestions have been that I really am H and DeCodeMe haven't been able to pick out certain parts of mtdna and placed me as R* because of this.
I am completely confused. I have received South Asian results with AbDNA and with DNATribes, so after reading on the DeCode material that most R* people are in South Asia I am assuming that there could be a link here, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help please?
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

Hi,
I'm needing some advice about my mitogroup. I have done DeCodeMe and they say I am R*. When I did a basic test with Oxford Ancestors a few years ago they said I was H!
When I queried this with DeCodeMe they told me that their test is better able to refine my results and they are confident I am R*.
On another site some suggestions have been that I really am H and DeCodeMe haven't been able to pick out certain parts of mtdna and placed me as R* because of this.
I am completely confused. I have received South Asian results with AbDNA and with DNATribes, so after reading on the DeCode material that most R* people are in South Asia I am assuming that there could be a link here, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone help please?
If you let me know your results I'll be able to help you. Where can I find them?

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

Reiverroots

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »

Hi,
It's ok, I think I've cracked it. I actually think looking at the raw data I'm H1. There's the main H branch number missing from the data which must be why they assigned me to R*.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.