World Families Forums - Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:45:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Cornwell (Moderator: cornwelladmin)
| | | |-+  Welcome
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 1213 times)
cornwelladmin

« on: January 31, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Welcome to the Cornwell Family Project on behalf of World Families Network Feel free to post anything that pertains to Cornwell genealogy, Cornwell DNA research, or to a specific Cornwell family that is included in the project. All spelling variations are welcome. If your Surname spelling is missing, we'll be glad to add it.

You must be logged in to post on the forum.  
How do I register ?
I've already registered. How do I log in?

To post a new thread on this family forum:
1. Click the "Back" button to go back one screen.
2. Click on "New Topic"
3. Be sure to make the Subject Line relate to your topic.

SUGGESTIONS FOR USING THIS FORUM:
1.You may start a new thread for a new topic. (Go back to the landing page for the family forum and click the button "New Topic").
2. Be sure to make the Subject Line relate to your topic.
3. If you want email notification of any replies to your thread, please click the "Notify" button at the bottom of the page.
4. Please keep your postings related to genealogy and DNA testing. We ask that you use good manners, clean language and be polite.
5. Please use the WFN Forum's specific forums for general discussions about:
DNA testing
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=1.0
Y-Haplogroups
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=3.0
mtDNA
http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?board=5.0 

We strongly encourage you to add your family information (we call it "Pedigree") to the project’s Patriarch Page, so that others may find you.  To have your pedigree posted on the project’s Patriarch Page, there are two ways to submit your pedigree:

1.   Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

a.       the email address you wish to be posted with the pedigree

b.       the kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is

c.       The name, birthdate, birthplace, and spouse for each generation in the direct male line.

2.   Post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  Then the project administrator will manually add it to the Patriarch page, typically within a few days. To get to the Pedigree Forum: Click the “back” button to find the Cornwell Family Pedigrees thread (You must be logged in to post on the forum.)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:26:19 PM by CornwellAdmin » Logged
Artogo

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »

I'm new on this site and I'm not yet able to figure it out, exactly...
I found the surname of CORNWELL when I was reading about the surname, PITTSER.  I have seen the name, Scott Kendall, before; in the MO forums, I believe?...Or maybe the MyFamily, KY sites?...well, regardless...My Cornwells, in Clermont Co., OH, apx 1805, showed to have both been born in NJ, as was their lst-born son.  I believe they had some connection with Scipio NY, where they may have been foster children and became separated...in the later 1700's. 
Here's a bit on these Cornwells, to begin with.  (A Larry Cornwell has done some DNA testings on the surname, but "my" line, so far as I know, hasn't submitted any dna for testing...but, not sure)
Daniel and Phoebe Cornwell, both b:NJ later pt of the 1700's and a sone, Daniel, also b:NJ; showed up in Clermont Co, OH apx 1805, early settlers there.  I have found that there were more of the Cornwell name in Clermont, also, only recently; but, havn't made a connection to them, as yet.  (Rootsweb/Ancestry/Genforums) the elder Cornwell died before the 1850 Census, which entered the names of the other members of a hh, had yet been taken...in the 1830's; leaving Phoebe with young children still to raise.  A neighbor, Jonathan CHURCH, was in a similar predicament and they married.  I also have Pitzer/Pitsers in Clermont, with WOOLAM/WULLEM/&BOTTS, maybe in Brown Co (taken from Clermont)  After the kids were older, as adults, they all used the CORNELL spelling and I have not a clue as to why that happened....maybe because there were other Cornwells in Clermont Co.,....?  A Church boy married a PITZER....Daniel & Phoebe's son, George who was b: 1823 apx, Clermont, married Lydia BOTTS and had two kids...the dtr, died...the son Daniel or David, and George, joined the Civil War in Clermont and after the war, George ended up in McDonald Co., MO with David's dtrs...one Louellen married a Pittser in Hickory Co., MO.  Louellen's Grandmother had been a Hannah Pitzer Wullem.  So all these surnames went along together and possibly from PA and/or VA and KY, prior to Ohio.  That's the short version and all these names are "my" ancestors.  Louellen's father in law was the Andrew Jackson Pittser, who's DNA results/adms are on this site, already....thru his 2nd wife, Millison BISHOP-LAMB's (Milly).  The Pittsers had moved to Hickory Co.,MO from Indiana, in the 1850's, I believe.  It must've gotten a bit confused, during the Civil War; but, I think there's a link to the prisoner's camp in Springfield, MO., perhaps.
It would be great to find the missing links for Daniel Cornwell, for sure; as well as Phoebe's maiden name and line.  (George's parents) It would also be great to find George's dtr in law's names, both of his son's wives show to have been b:Ark...the lst one, Louellen's mother, died in TX per the 1880 Census, McDonald Co.,MO.  Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.