World Families Forums - Requirement to Register and Sign-In is new

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:08:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Notify us of a Problem
| | |-+  Requirement to Register and Sign-In is new
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Requirement to Register and Sign-In is new  (Read 14383 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: October 25, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Guests can no longer post on this Forum.? You must be a member and be signed in to post.? (you can continue to browse the site as a guest)

I apologise for this requirement - but the spammers have forced it on me.  I was removing 1-5 spam postings per day and some were pretty vulgar.  ? In the 24 hours since I did this, I have rejected 8-10 fake registrations and blocked several dozen attempts to register by known spammers.? If your attempt to register was blocked, please send me an email (click on the white envelope to the side) and give me particulars and I'll figure out how to get you registered and approved.

Once you register, you will be "on hold" until I approve your registration.? During this time, you'll be able to view the site, but will not be able to post.

Once you are approved and registered, you will be able to post whenever you are signed in.

The Forum is a little quirky.? If you come in to a specific page (say your surname pedigree forum) and sign in, you will come out on the Forum home page instead of being returned to the page where you entered the Forum.  (I know this is irritating) ? You can do a search for your surname and then click on the selection you wish to use or you can go back to the site where you found the link and click again - which will take you to the page you were visiting and be signed in.

You may wish to keep the pages that are important to you in your favorites (or bookmarked)? Then, you can easily go to them after registering.?

Also, once you are signed in, you will be recognised when you come back to the site until your visit "times out"? You won't have to re-register during this period if you keep your browser open to the WFN Forum site.

Terry?
judyr

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:17:15 PM »

I do not see an EASTER pedigree forum listed among the family forums listed at afnforum.net.  The Easter group was a spin off from the original ESTES group, so probably a forum was never created for EASTER when the spin off occurred.  Could you please create an EASTER forum or tell me who to write to about this?

Thank you very much,
Judy Russell
as per conversation with Lynn Greene, Easter administrator
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:36:29 PM »

Hi Judy.  I have had a number of requests for Forums for projects not supported by WorldFamilies.net and still hope to get those set up.  I am not able to do this right now.  Terry
judyr

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »

So you have to have a worldfamilies.net page before you can have a wfnforum page?  thank you, I'll pass this along.  JudyR
kpflood

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »

Hello Terry

I'm a new member, and cannot quite figure out the message system.  I searched for the Flood surname projects, and caame up with 2 on FTDNA, but there are 3 - ours was missing.  Check www.clanflood.org/dna

kpflood@clanflood.org
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 08:22:38 PM »

KP, I fixed it.  Terry
Welch7000

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 11:38:42 AM »

My username and password was lost when my computer was changed out and backup records were accidentally deleted at work.  How do I access the site?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »

Hi Welch7000.  You are currently registered and logged in at WorldFamilies.net or you couldn't have posted this message.   If you are previously had  registered with another username on our system, you'll be using two email addresses - as you are only allowed one user name per email address.  I'll need the other email address in order to find your other account.

If you are meaning that you have lost your username and password to log in to your personal page at  Family Tree DNA (FTDNA), you'll need to contact FTDNA and ask them to give you your password, as project administrators do not have the individual's passwords.   Note: your kit number is your username.   Tell FTDNA your name and mailing address and they will give you your kit number and password.   You can contact:  ashley at familytreedna dot com

Terry
Floyd Bowen

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 04:40:58 PM »

I registered in my husbands name and would like to have an account of my own.  It keeps saying my e-mail is registered but I was never given a password.  I can log into my husbands account even though I don't have a password. I have requested a password several times but never receive a message back. 

Each time I try to log off  my husband's account I get an error message about not being authorized to be on that page. 
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 04:15:41 PM »

We are aware of these problems and are working on a fix.  My apologies for the inconvenience.  Terry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.