World Families Forums - Admin Tech Tips

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:26:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Admin Tech Tips
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Admin Tech Tips  (Read 1674 times)
Paul Sheats
Project Coordinator

« on: September 04, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »

I thought I would create this thread to share technical tips and ideas we have used in our project web sites.

I found it hard to update the patriarch page, and it's not very easy to read, so I created an Excel table (similar
to what we do for the results page) to store my patriarchs, which I can maintain off-line and just copy and paste
to the web editor tool when I need to.? The great thing is I didn't have to make any adjustments once I
pasted it.? The web editor tool kept all of the formatting.? I use a fixed width font (courier new) so that the
indentation is uniform.  I think it's much easer to read.  You can see at a glance the birth years and places, since
they line up.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

http://worldfamilies.net/surnames/s/sheets/pats.html

Thanks.
Paul
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 11:33:12 AM by SheetsAdmin » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »

Paul, I am doing everything I know to do to shutout the spammers.  A part of that is to block the words they like to use.  What word did I block that you are trying to use?  Terry
Paul Sheats
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:49:58 PM »

Terry,

See the "Q and A for FTDNA Surname Project administrators" thread, as I posted an explanation of what was happening there.

Paul
srgntrbt46

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49:17 AM »

Paul,
I see this is an old thread but I am hoping there is an update that you could help me with.  I would like to be able to download my surname (Sargent)  project "Results Table" and/or print it out in its entirety.  So far I been able to do neither.  I have posed a similar question to the Sargent Project Administrator and have yet to hear from him, (I know it is summer and we are all busy)

Thanks for any help in advance.
Robert James Sargent

I thought I would create this thread to share technical tips and ideas we have used in our project web sites.

I found it hard to update the patriarch page, and it's not very easy to read, so I created an Excel table (similar
to what we do for the results page) to store my patriarchs, which I can maintain off-line and just copy and paste
to the web editor tool when I need to.? The great thing is I didn't have to make any adjustments once I
pasted it.? The web editor tool kept all of the formatting.? I use a fixed width font (courier new) so that the
indentation is uniform.  I think it's much easer to read.  You can see at a glance the birth years and places, since
they line up.

Take a look, and let me know what you think.

http://worldfamilies.net/surnames/s/sheets/pats.html

Thanks.
Paul

Bob Sargent
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.