World Families Forums - If you are a female project member, who did you test for your yDNA?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 04:32:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  If you are a female project member, who did you test for your yDNA?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you are a female project member, who did you test for your yDNA?  (Read 1178 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: August 22, 2006, 08:05:29 PM »

Although a woman can?t be tested with the yDNA test (since women don?t carry the y gene) she can obtain her surname results by having a male relative who descends through males from the same common ancestor (a brother, cousin, uncle, etc).? Who did you get tested for the yDNA of your surname?? Did you have to go back up the family tree and come down through male relatives to find the person to test?? Post your comments here.? (Click the button marked "reply" at the bottom of this page to post)? ?Note: if you are signed in, you can come back later and edit, update, or even delete your original? posting.? Feel free to post as many times as you'd like.
jeanfward

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 09:12:22 PM »

I learned of my paternal ancestors through the testing of my brother (for my father's surname) and the testing of the son of my mother's brother (for my maternal grandfather's surname).

Surname:  Herren/Sellers/Loe/Pittman/Spivey/Mansel
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 18 queries.