World Families Forums - Shapiro Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:21:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Shapiro (Moderator: shapiroAdmin)
| | | |-+  Shapiro Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shapiro Family Pedigrees  (Read 2637 times)
shapiroAdmin

« on: January 02, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Shapiro Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

stan lee shapiro
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:03:42 PM »

My father, theodore Shapiro was born in Philadelphia,Pa, on Dec 5, 1905. His father came from Russia (Jacob Shapiro) around 1900. He was born around 1870. He was in the Austrian army for about 7 years and then came to the U.S. (Phila). He and his brother founded a company in Phila called Trenton Crockery. They had a kiln and they made dishes and shipped them all over the U.S. My father (Ted) was a  as am I. I was born in Chester, Pa. in July, 1929
stan shapiro
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »

My father, theodore Shapiro was born in Philadelphia,Pa, on Dec 5, 1905.wife named Eva(Elaine b 1907.Grandfather ?from Russia (Jacob Shapiro) around 1900. Wife Kathryn. Four children,Nathan, Ted, Ben, Sophia. He was born c1870. He was in the Austrian army for about 7 years and then came to the U.S. (Phila). He and his brother founded a company in Phila called Trenton Crockery. They had a kiln and they made dishes and shipped them all over the U.S. My father (Ted) was a  as am I. I was born in Chester, Pa. in July, 1929
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 03:21:19 PM »

Hi, Stan.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/s/shapiro/pats.html
shapiro
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:10:49 PM »

My g.g.grand father was Yehoshua Isaac Shapira 1801-1873 Slonim
His father was Yehiel Shapira 1772-1847
His father was Mordehai Shapira born about 1750 Glovenka
His father ?  Mother from Heilprin family
other spellings Spira, shpira
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »

Hi, shapiro.  Your pedigree is posted.  Hope you are part of the DNA project.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/s/shapiro/pats.html
Gamma

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »

According to family legend, we had an ancestor who was born in the Kingdom of Poland in 1769 named Meishele. After the Russian Surname Adoption Law was put into effect between 1804 and 1845, Meishele's four sons adopted surnames of Mosesson, Bernstein, Shapiro, and Freidberg, in order to avoid conscription into the Russian Army. Meishele also had a brother named Leibele who adopted the surname of Kishiniski, but his sons adopted the surname of Ritevsky which, in more modern times, was shortened to Rits. My Y-Haplogroup is G1, which indicates ancestral origins in the middle east, moving to the Caucasus Mountain region and then gradually west, into Europe. I have no further information about possible Bernstein, Shapiro, or Freidberg ancestors. My known Mosesson ancestors were in Kovno, Lithuania and Minsk in the mid-1800s, Riga, Latvia, in the 1880s-1890s, Warsaw in 1900-1930s, and Riga 1928-1941. They were murdered in Riga Ghetto 1941-1943.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 03:24:31 PM by Gamma » Logged
erikshapiro

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »

Hello.  My name is Erik Shapiro and I live in Los Angeles.  I am a Cohen (J1).  Here is a short list of my ancestors:

Father:                                   Arthur   
Grandfather:                            Harry
Great Grandfather:                    Lazer (Louis)
Great Great Grandfather:            Yankef (Yaakov)
Great Great Great Grandfather:    Lazer (Eliezer)

Not sure where they were from in Europe as my Grandfather died at a young age when my father was a boy.

My Alleles are:  12 23 14 10 13 15 11 16 12 13 11 30

Ant connection would be great.  I have a family tree going back to the mid 1800's but without geographical information.
tshapiro

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »

We just tested our son at Ancestry (free test). I don't have a lot of results yet, but want to add his info. I will transfer over, once I figure out how...

Max or Mordechai Shapiro b. about 1858 in Romania, m. Ida Solomon
his son: Jack Shapiro, b. 11 Mar 1884, Galatz, Romania, m. Mollie Fond (Herscovici), d. 28 Nov 1957, Salt Lake City, UT
his son: Morris Shapiro, b. 6 Aug 1918, Salt Lake City, UT

Max also had sons Benjamin Schapiro (b. 6 May 1882, Galatz, Romania, d. 2 Jan 1926, Chicago, IL ) and Morris Shapiro (b. 16 Jul 1893, Philadelphia, PA, d. 29 Oct 1977, Salt Lake City, UT).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.