World Families Forums - ?Hey baby! Whats Your Haplogroup??

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 14, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  ?Hey baby! Whats Your Haplogroup??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ?Hey baby! Whats Your Haplogroup??  (Read 1544 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: September 11, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

(OPENPRESS) August 15, 2006 -- JMK Genealogy Gifts today announced the immediate availability of their new range of DNA themed clothing. ?DNA is growing increasingly important in genealogy research and we felt the time was right to go with the new rage. Haplogroups are a kind of family tree which can show an individual where in the world their maternal and paternal genetic heritage originates from,? explained store owner Jimmy Kavanagh.

Though haplogroups can be very ?such as A, E or J the real fun comes when you can identify a group more precisely. R1a and R2b for example cover most west European males, while haplogroup L2 can be narrowed down to sub-Saharan Africa. Some people have narrowed to their group to such extremes as I1b2a3. So where do t-shirts come in? ?Well, if you wear your haplogroup on your sleeve then you are making a statement that you are proud of who you are and where you come from? says Mr. Kavanagh, ?It also allows people with the same background to quickly identify genetic cousins and strike up a conversation.?

JMK Genealogy Gifts has a reputation for trying to introduce a note of humor into everything they do and their new DNA line is no exception. They hope their ?Heh baby!, what?s your haplogroup??design will become the 21st century makeover of that old chestnut ?what?s your star sign?. An ?I Speak Your Haplogroup? is a new twist on the old ?I Speak Your Weight? machines while the ?Guess My Haplogroup? is sure to be a popular game at geneticists? parties.
All of the new designs are available online at the JMK Genealogy Store website. So what are you waiting for? ? surf over now and bag yourself a t-shirt on the cutting edge of genealogy.

About JMK Genealogy Gifts
Created in April, 2004 JMK Genealogy Gifts and has been offering unique products tailored to genealogy and family history enthusiasts ever since. Through a partnership with CafePress? they offer a variety of merchandise including t-shirts, hats, mugs, coasters, magnets and bumper stickers. Every purchase comes with a 30 day 100% money back guarantee.
http://www.jmkgenealogy.com

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 08:22:50 PM by Marilyn » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.