World Families Forums - McClures of Ga

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 03:39:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  McClures of Ga
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McClures of Ga  (Read 2028 times)
Dennis McClure

« on: July 17, 2006, 07:45:07 AM »

I am coping a post of from our McClure Project pedigree page to this forum for DNA member Bill McClure (bmccl AT mindspring.com)

The McClures of GA and possibly SC and VA are seeking your assistance in finding the parents of:

James (Jack) Jackson  McClure b 1814-1816 SC, d ? GA, m Marilda Grist b 1813?1818 SC , d ?
     Jane C McClure Harbin b c1817 SC,d c1905 GA, m John Wesley Harbin b c1814 SC d ? GA
     Sally or Sarah McClure Holder b c1820 SC, d ?  GA, m James Martin Holder b c1820 SC, d ? GA
     Robert B. McClure b 18 Oct 1824 SC, d 30 Aug 1901, Cherokee Co, Georgia,  m  Hannah Abigail Cobb, b 31 Aug 1822 SC, d   17 Feb 1882 Cherokee Co, Georgia

Please help if you can?
blossom240

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:57 AM »

I am a descendant of James McClure b. 1765 & Mary Sharpe McClure of NC, Thomas W. McClure son buried in Butts Co.  GA.  of James & Mary whom were my great, great, great, great, grandparents.  Can anyone tell me where James came from in Ireland and who is parents, siblings were.   He has to be connected to North Carolina McClures.  We are all in Georgia.
Thank you,
Robin McClure
Dennis McClure

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »

Robin,

My Co-Admin in the McClure DNA Project is a NC McClure. His name is Tom McClure and you can reach him by e-mail by going to the McClure DNA Project at:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/mcclure

at the bottom of the home page click on his name to send an e-mail.

Also while at the McClure Project, look at the Patriarch page it has many McClure pedigrees of which we have DNA results on the Y-Results page. You can also click on my name, Dennis McClure and send any questions you may have.

Dennis McClure, Admin McClure DNA Project
Scott McClure

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »

I, as well, from James McClure of Butts Co. GA. , I have been able to narrow my search down to the Halbert and Richard McClure line. I know James was born in 1765, was married twice and I believe was listed in a will as "Believed to have immigrated to Georgia" in Halbert's will. I'm just not sure if he was Halerts siblinng or Richards. The dates match that spot in time but thats as far as I can get w/o DNA testing that I cant afford at the present time. I have the rest of the family tree from James to my children, if you need it.

Scott Mcclure
SScottMc72

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 12:18:43 PM »

I'm not familiar with any of those paricular names on my end, Dennis. I will see if I can dig a bit deeper and see if that may have been a relative, in some manner, to the James on my side.I will post any info I come up with.
SScottMc72

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 10:56:31 PM »

Dennis,

In another post on this page...Jane McClure is the younest daughter of James McClure in my line..same dob as Jane in my line...hooe that helps.
Dennis McClure

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »

Sorry for the delay in responding, but we are making great progress in the Halbert line. Have you had your DNA tested? We have a Scott that tested recently, but not sure it is you?

Dennis McClure
Dennis McClure

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »

I, as well, from James McClure of Butts Co. GA. , I have been able to narrow my search down to the Halbert and Richard McClure line. I know James was born in 1765, was married twice and I believe was listed in a will as "Believed to have immigrated to Georgia" in Halbert's will. I'm just not sure if he was Halerts siblinng or Richards. The dates match that spot in time but thats as far as I can get w/o DNA testing that I cant afford at the present time. I have the rest of the family tree from James to my children, if you need it.

Scott Mcclure

Scott are you the one with a 12 marker test?

Dennis McClure
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.