World Families Forums - A question on probability...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 02:58:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  A question on probability...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question on probability...  (Read 1187 times)
constant_d

« on: July 15, 2006, 09:52:29 AM »

Here's a question on probabilities... I'm adopted and I have no records on my birth parents, so my last name could be anything. I recieved my 37 marker test and went to my "Y-DNA Matches" page. Under my 25 marker matches I have a significant amount of exact matches with a certain sirname or a variant of it. I don't have any exact matches on my 37 markers, but I do have two people of that same sirname that match at a distance of 2, and one person of the same sirname that matches at a distance of 1. Now, can these results be interpreted as that I actually belong to this sirname group? Or do I need more definetive proof (ie. paper trail, 67 marker test, etc)?
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »

I moved this post from "Question of the Week" to "General Discussion" as part of some forum maintenance.  "Question of the Week" is supposed to be a place for all the news articles and questions that WorldFamilies administrators post on our main webpage, while "General Discussion" is supposed to be a place for users to start their own topics.  Both sets of posts were mixed together, and I just did the laborious job of separating them.

I'm hoping that the forums will be easier to use in their new format.  It should be simpler for users to discover what's new on the website and, thus, it should be easier for folks to stay involved here.  This is just a small part of the overhaul we're doing to the forums, and you should expect to see a great many improvements in the coming days and weeks.  Thanks for being patient, and I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 17 queries.