World Families Forums - help needed for new administrator

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 02:21:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Notify us of a Problem
| | |-+  help needed for new administrator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help needed for new administrator  (Read 1266 times)
picnic

« on: July 14, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »

I have become the new administrator for a surname project but have been unable to get anyone to answer my startup questions.

As an administrator, I can see that we have more dna results than are currently being shown.
Can anyone tell me how to update the results page ?

Also I have someone who has already had a DNA test done somewhere other than Family Tree DNA Lab.
How can they join our DNA surname project ?
The only links I can see are if someone wants to order a test OR already has a kit #.
And the person I have described doesn not fit into either of those categories.

I would like to know the answers to these questions before I start advertising for new participants.
New members are going to be asking me many questions
& I can't get anyone to explain even the basics to me :(

picnic

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »

I have been reading and discovered that I need a password to access administrator features.
It has been almost 2 weeks now & I still have not been given a password.
Can anybody out there PLEASE help ????????????
picnic

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:05:32 AM »

Well after a couple of frustrating weeks, I was not able to get ANYONE to help me get the WFN website current.
But I DID figure out how to get the FamilyTreeDNA site up to date very easily ... so I will use that instead.
Eric Brewster44th

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 02:21:16 PM »

Well after a couple of frustrating weeks, I was not able to get ANYONE to help me get the WFN website current.
But I DID figure out how to get the FamilyTreeDNA site up to date very easily ... so I will use that instead.

picnic, you need to contact Terry Barton, he is quite busy but he will help you as he did me.   Since your an Administrator now.....you can get certain help that head administrators and Mods can give you, all you need to do is email them.

Eric Brewster The 44th Brewster Historian
Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »

I'm sorry that you did not get a prompt response to your queries.  Terry has been answering emails as they come in and has stayed up-to-date on that.  However, some posts on these forums have been overlooked, because he wasn't receiving email notification when something new was posted.  That problem has now been fixed and there shouldn't be any more overlooked postings.

We have an entire section of the website dedicated to helping out new project administrators:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/admin.html

We also have a section of our website dedicated to answering frequently asked questions:
http://www.worldfamilies.net/faqs.html

If you have any further questions, please email terry AT worldfamilies DOT net .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:38:50 AM by Biscuits » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 17 queries.