World Families Forums - Willett, Edward A. in Kansas City, MO

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 11:05:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Willett (Moderator: willettadmin)
| | | |-+  Willett, Edward A. in Kansas City, MO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Willett, Edward A. in Kansas City, MO  (Read 913 times)
maryran1

« on: May 28, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

Hello Willett's,
I recently had my Dad's dna tested to compare with a distant cousin in search for the paternity of my grandfather. Lo and behold we are not who we thought. My fathers dna matched with the Mozley family. However, at the same time the administrator found an 1880 census from Kansas City, Mo that appears to list my grandfather's dad as Edward A Willett born in NY in 1843. He was married to Anna Hawk for a short period and according to the census my grandfather, Pearl Robert, was born in the state of Kansas in 1876. Comparing the Willett dna to my fathers does not seem to match but if anyone knows of any Willetts in Kansas or Mo in the 1870's or a connection to the Mozley(Mosley) family I would be very grateful.
Thanks,
Mary
Lisa Wilcox

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »

Hi Mary--

It is probably too soon to conclude that your dad is not genetically a Willett. There are very very few Willett yDNA samples in our project as yet, and very few also in ySearch.

In addition, there is no reason to assume that all families with one of the variant surnames are related in genealogical time (i.e., after the adoption of surnames).

The more men we test, the more we learn. Encourage Willett males wherever you find them to do the testing!

Lisa

Lisa Wilcox

Willett DNA Project

willetude@gmail.com

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 19 queries.