World Families Forums - Exley Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 12:30:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'E'
| | |-+  Exley (Moderator: Vincent Exley)
| | | |-+  Exley Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Exley Family Pedigrees  (Read 4202 times)
Vincent Exley

« on: July 14, 2006, 01:31:45 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Exley Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 03:05:33 AM by ExleyAdmin » Logged
Vince Exley
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »

1. Hans Oechsle (or Oechslin) b abt 1535, d 11 Nov 1604, age 70
      a blacksmith in Ballendorf, near Ulm, Germany; m Engla Pfladermueller
          Three sons: Martin b 1564, Veit b 1565, Jacob b 1570
2. Martin Oexlin (or Oechsle, Oechslin) the Younger, b 1564 in Ballendorf, a blacksmith
          Children: Hanns, Veit, Georg, Martin, Katharina & Jacob
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 02:57:12 PM by ExleyAdmin » Logged
__Tracy__

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »

Exleys from Yorkshire
Joseph Exley B1780 Yorkshire m Jane Richardson B1785
John Exley B1819 Yorkshire m Elizabeth CharnockB1820
John Exley B1855 Yorkshire m Hannah e Boulton B1861
Regards Tracy

Exley....Yorkshire
Gill.......Yorkshire
Hallam..Lancashire
Forward.Lancashire
__Tracy__

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »

What a lonely Board this is................... is there no one else searching this name...........???
Regards Tracy

Exley....Yorkshire
Gill.......Yorkshire
Hallam..Lancashire
Forward.Lancashire
Vincent Exley

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 12:29:22 PM »

1. John Exley, d 1800 Savannah, GA, m Mary Wooten 1790
      Children: Jacob, b 1791, John William, b 1795, Ann Catherine, b 1797
2. John William, b 1795, m. Eliza Margaret Mallette; 
          they lived at Turkey Branch, Effingham County, GA
3. James Barnett, b 1825, 3. John Jeremiah, b 1826; other sons & daughters

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 08:24:26 AM by ExleyAdmin » Logged
hoynest

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

My name is Taylor E. Hoynes, Jr.  I am a descendant of John Exley and Mary Wooton.  My Grandmother was Ida Florence Exley b. 1888, d. June 1983 in Savannah, married Thomas Maxwell Hoynes of Savannah on April 18, 1906.  He worked for Standard Oil Company and was mayor of Savannah for two terms.  My Grandmother's parents were Marquis Lafayette Exley b.June 19, 1845, d. March 1, 1918 and his wife was Emma Naomi Grovenstein, b. September 6, 1852, d. April 5, 1930.  She was the daughter of George William & Cornelia (Metzger) Grovenstein. 
Marquis Lafayette's father was John William Exley b. October 10, 1795, d. September 22, 1855; married Eliza Margaret Mallette January 17, 1822 b. December 5, 1805, d. January 23, 1880 daughter of Gideon and Hannah (DeRoche) Mallette.
John William's father was John Exley was born near London, England, died in Savannah, GA about 1800 married Mary Wooton May 27, 1790.
We are just now exploring the Exley side of the family and have connected to some of the cousins on that side.  I heard that there may be some question regarding the birth place of John Exley, but have no documentation regarding that.  The Exley's have 4 books published i am sure you are aware of.  This is my first time looking at your web site.  Looking forward to whatever information you can provide and for our current relatives in Effingham County.
Taylor
rconstantine

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »

Taylor

My name is Robert Constantine.  I am a descendant of John Exley and Mary Wooten, as well.  Ann Catherine Exley was my great, great grandmother.  The Hoynes family lived across the street from us on 44th Street in Savannah when I was growing up but I never knew the family connection.  They had a nephew named Tommy Heflin (Sp?), who was about my age ( I am 60) that used to play with me when they were visiting.  He had a younger sister whose name, I think, was Barbara but I am not sure.  Vince Exley, the moderator of this forum, has been of great assistance to me  and I would love to compare notes with you about our families.  You can contact me by e-mail at rconstantine@bellsouth.net so we can exchange information.

Robert
marymet

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »

Known Exley descendents:

Daniel Exley b 1811 d 1870 m Ellen Bunce b 1813 d 1872
s Thomas Robert Exley b 1840 d 1928 m Harriet Chittleburgh b 1842 d 1922
d Cecilia Harriet b 1863 d. 1900 m. George Metcalfe b 1863
d Helen/Ellen Susan b. 1869 d 1930 m. George Metcalfe in 1901 - Cecilia died
s Daniel James b. 1871 d ?
d Ada b 1873 d ? m Robert Marshal b 1867 d 1931
s Thomas Robert b 1877 d 1877
s Frederick John Exley b 1879 d 1918 m Mary Elizabeth Cunningham b 1884 d?
d Florence b 1881 d 1964 m Frank Leith b 1878 d 1962

Have 252 known Exley descendents - mostly in Canada after Thomas Robert arrived in 1881

Samuel John Exley b 1836 d 1881 m. Mary Ann R? b 1839 d 1907
Charles Exley b 1854
Caroline Exley b 1856
Emma Exley b 1859
Arthur Philip b 1848 d 1860
Marian Jane b 1864 m Colling
Annie C b 1869
Lizzie Florence b 1871
Samuel G b 1877
Anny or Amy b 1878
genie

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »

Robert, I am the Barbara that you mentioned. Tommy Heflin was my first cousin, not my brother.  Thomas Maxwell Hoynes and Ida Florence Exley were my maternal grandparents. They lived on 44th Street. My parents were divorced so I was at their house a lot but I actually lived on 45th Street. I remember your living across the street. I think you were two or so years older than I was. Tommy Heflin was one year older. He lived on 54th Street and then moved to Jacksonville, FL.

Taylor

My name is Robert Constantine.  I am a descendant of John Exley and Mary Wooten, as well.  Ann Catherine Exley was my great, great grandmother.  The Hoynes family lived across the street from us on 44th Street in Savannah when I was growing up but I never knew the family connection.  They had a nephew named Tommy Heflin (Sp?), who was about my age ( I am 60) that used to play with me when they were visiting.  He had a younger sister whose name, I think, was Barbara but I am not sure.  Vince Exley, the moderator of this forum, has been of great assistance to me  and I would love to compare notes with you about our families.  You can contact me by e-mail at rconstantine@bellsouth.net so we can exchange information.

Robert
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 19 queries.