World Families Forums - Cutler Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:02:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'C'
| | |-+  Cutler (Moderator: cutlerAdmin)
| | | |-+  Cutler Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cutler Family Pedigrees  (Read 2319 times)
cutlerAdmin

« on: July 14, 2006, 01:27:26 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Cutler Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

nanmac

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 10:31:37 PM »

David Cutler, b1801, West Canada,m?? Anna Mingle
    Levi Snyder Cutler, b1840, Ontario, Canada, m1872 Alice Pettit, d1925, Burbank, California, USA
              Harvey H Cutler, b1872, Ontario, Canada, d1873, Ontario, Canada
              Anna Isabelle Cutler, b1875, Brantford Ont Canada, d1962 Burbank, CA
              Norman D. Cutler, b1878, Ontario, Canada, d1881 Ontario Canada
              Minerva Ethel Cutler, b1881, Brantford Ont Canada, m1908 Fredrick John Lewis, d1966 Burbank, CA
              Orville Cutler, b1883 Ont Canada, d1884 Ont Canada
              Elma Mary Cutler, b1885 Brantford, Ont Canada, m1906 Will de Montmorency, d1977 Burbank, CA
               Luella Irene Cutler, b1889, Brantford, Ont Canada, m1912 Russell Peirce, d1981 Sherman Oaks, CA
               Edna Rhea Cutler,b1890, Brantford, Ont Canada, m1914 Elmer Lewis Fordham, d1974 Sherman Oaks, CA
               Mabel Miriam Cutler, b1892, Ontario, Canada, d1901 Otterville Cemetery, Otterville, Ontario, Canada
                Freeman A Cutler, b1895, Ontario, Canada, d1902, Otterville Cemetery, Otterville, Ontario, Canada
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »

Hi, nanmac.

Your pedigree has been posted:  http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/cutler/pats

Carrie
Christy D. Cooper

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:16:31 PM »

Haplogroup I1
Kit #93208

George Cutlip b.1740
David Cutlip 1757-1822 m. Jane Burns
George Cutlip 1781-1865 Augusta VA m. Mary Polly Murphy
David Elliott Cutlip 1807-1864 m. Sarah McCoy
James M. Cutlip 1833-1907 Webster WV m. Mary Givens Miller
John Jenkins Cutlip 1866-1946 Webster WV m. Emma Alice Cogar
Charles Cutlip
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »

From an email from Paul Cutler cutlerp AT yahoo.com

My own family can be confidently traced back to about 1750, although as yet I do not have a birth date for John Cutler, he married Hannah Parkin in Alfreton, Derbyshire in 1772 in the parish church. I have only been able to find one baptism of a child of John and Hannah, it is of course not unknown for a family to have only one child, he was baptised 1777 and also called John.

Twenty years later we have another marriage, John Cutler and Elizabeth Wagstaff married in Alfreton, Derbyshire again in the parish church in 1797.

They have their first child John baptised in 1797 in Alfreton, then they appear to have their next three children Hannah 1799, Thomas 1800 and Elizabeth 1802 baptised at the Presbyterian Independent Church in Selston on the Derby/Nottingham border. Then finally in 1810 Henry is born back in Alfreton,Derbyshire.

Thomas Cutler marries Mary Walters in Pentrich in 1822, (Mary’s family has links to the Pentrich revolution in Derbyshire), their first child Hannah is baptised in both Alfreton and Duffield in 1825, Thomas is initially working as a labourer in Somercotes, a small village about 2km away, the same place as another Cutler family are living.
Thomas and Mary go on to have John b1826 again baptised in Alfreton parish church, they are now living in Riddings a small town about 5 km from Alfreton.

In 1834 the poor law was revoked, this meant families and individuals could move freely between parishes, prior to this anyone moving to another parish had to produce settlement documents to show they were entitled to live there. If they fell on hard times they were sent back to the original parish who continued to have responsibility for them.
Shortly after this Thomas and Mary moved to North Wingfield about 13km north of Riddings., this is noted in the 1841 census. Elizabeth is born here 1835. Rebecca is born in Clay Cross in 1835/6.
Not long after this Joseph is also born in Clay Cross in 1841, at some point in the next three years the family move North presumably to find more work and better pay as we then find them living in Chiltern County Durham where they have another son George b in 1844, finally they another daughter Mary b1845 in a small colliery village in Kirk Merrington called Leasingthorne.
Mary, Thomas’s wife dies in 1857 from liver disease

Thomas remarries Elizabeth Burdon, a widow, on this marriage cert his father is noted as John Cutler Agricultural Labourer.

My own line descends from George b1844 Chiltern, All my paternal line are miners right up to my grandfather, the vast majority were Hewers,

Interestingly in the area around Alfreton Derbyshire at the time of my own family residence there are the following Cutler families,

Samuel and Ruth Cutler farmers and land owners living in Somercotes, ( 2km away from Alfreton).

Joseph and Sarah Cutler, Joseph is a joiner, living in Pentrich ( 6km away from Alfreton)

John and Elizabeth Cutler Alfreton/Riddings

Although these families closely together I have not yet been able to link them to the same family as some of the records appear to be incomplete.
Several Cutler baptisms and burials were performed by Judah Jagger the dissenting minister working between Pentrich, Ripley and Codnor Loscoe.
I am however confident that as they live so closely there must be a connection further back.

So to summarise, I believe that the Cutler families in the area around Alfreton in Derbyshire are related; unfortunately I have not yet been able to locate any surviving relatives to test but hopefully maybe in the future.

If anyone has any questions or would like to contact me cutlerp@yahoo.com
Carrie
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »

From an email sent by Harold Cutler [spanprof00 AT yahoo.com]:

My family is descended from John and Mary Cutler who arrived on the Rose of Yarmouth  in 1637. My ancestors in Vermont arrived in 1791 from MA and are all (most) buried in the Cutler Cemetery in East Montpelier--even the headstones from the lost graves of our ancestor Jonathan are there. As far as we know, John and Mary were from the area of Norfolk and Sherwood Forest.
Kit 207259
spanprof

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

I have since found out that our earliest direct ancestor is Robert Cutler of Ipswich, Suffolk, England in 1455.
spanprof

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »

I have since found out that our earliest direct ancestor is Robert Cutler of Ipswich, Suffolk, England in 1455.
spanprof

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »

My great great grandmother, Lucy Washburn (Washbourne) Cutler is descended from Thomas Rogers, a passenger on the Mayflower, who also signed the Mayflower Compact. Rogers' great-grandfather, John The Martyr Rogers was a Protestant minister and translator of the Bible, who was the first Protestant to be ordered burned at the stake by Queen Mary I. That was a good reason for the family to board the Mayflower!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:34:13 PM by spanprof » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.