World Families Forums - Looking for more info on Haplogroup K

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 28, 2014, 02:03:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  MtDNA Projects
| | |-+  mt-U5 (Moderator: U5admin)
| | | |-+  Looking for more info on Haplogroup K
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for more info on Haplogroup K  (Read 1872 times)
Kuanyin
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:58:39 PM »

I see from the map that "K" group is all over Asia...and even in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where it doesn't even look like there are islands. Since I have been id'd recently as coming from the K group on my Mother's side, I am curious if there are other "K's" out there, and what do you know about K. I was looking to prove that my Mother was Native American, and I didn't realize the testing company I used was going to go back to 16,000 B.C. :-) I would like to hear from others about the theory of the Paleoindian crossing of the Atlantic has been written about...didn't Thor Heyerdhal prove this at one time?

Thanks...Kuanyin
PDHOTLEN

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »

Regarding Haplogroup K:

Let's see if I copied this OK.

http://www.mitosearch.org/haplosearch_view.asp?haplo=K&viewuid=arfhh&p=0

I hope this works. If not, look at the Genographic section on FTDNA forum, and look for the SNPs topic.

U5b2/U5b2b2 (traces to colonial USA European) & R1a1a1 L664+ (Norwegian descent); X chromosome (not tested) = half Austrian and half Colonial USA. FTDNA kit #54319. Genebank EF419891. MitoSearch/Y-Search #G986T.

Bill Hurst

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 10:22:44 AM »

I see from the map that "K" group is all over Asia...and even in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where it doesn't even look like there are islands. Since I have been id'd recently as coming from the K group on my Mother's side, I am curious if there are other "K's" out there, and what do you know about K. I was looking to prove that my Mother was Native American, and I didn't realize the testing company I used was going to go back to 16,000 B.C. :-) I would like to hear from others about the theory of the Paleoindian crossing of the Atlantic has been written about...didn't Thor Heyerdhal prove this at one time?

Thanks...Kuanyin
Sorry to be so late in replying to this message. I wouldn't normally look on the U5 Forum for K questions. I don't know what map you are looking at, maybe one for Y-DNA haplogroup K, which is not related to mtDNA haplogroup K. Check the map below the chart under the mtDNA Results tab on our website: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtDNA%5FK/  There is only one pin in Asia. Most of us have a European origin.

Any mtDNA K can join our Project. Go to your FTDNA page and click on the blue Join button.

Bill Hurst
Administrator, mtDNA Haplogroup K Project
PDHOTLEN

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »

Here's an interesting piece:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wrhurst/mtdna-k/kf116clad.htm

...even if it is not about haplogroup U5.

U5b2/U5b2b2 (traces to colonial USA European) & R1a1a1 L664+ (Norwegian descent); X chromosome (not tested) = half Austrian and half Colonial USA. FTDNA kit #54319. Genebank EF419891. MitoSearch/Y-Search #G986T.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.