World Families Forums - John Thompson & Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson & descendants

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:30:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thompson (Moderator: Katherine Borges)
| | | |-+  John Thompson & Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson & descendants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Thompson & Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson & descendants  (Read 1379 times)
Ron Thompson
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »

John Thompson was born around 1696 in the Highlands of Scotland.? He migrated to America (probably around 1700-1715 time era but a guess).? He lived for a while in Chester, Pa and apparently met Yacomintye Eltinge there but I believe he married her in Kingston, Ulster County, New York.? The couple moved to Fredericks County, Maryland and had children: William, Cornelius, Anna, and John.? John Thompson died around 1751-53 and left a will naming his wife as executor and children and wife as heirs.? Apparently the widow also died leaving her brother Rudolph Eltinge as executor of the estate and guardian of the children's estate.? Then the brother died and his widow took the estate for her own use, never giving it to the children.? There are Chancery Court records which show this to be the case.

William Thompson married a wife named Susanah and they are listed in the 1776 census of Fredericks County Maryland as age 37 and with children plus a Mary Ellinge/(Eltinge) living with them.? Living nearby listed in the same census was Joseph Fealds (Fields) with Abraham Fields and John Thompson living with the Fields family.? William Thompson is also listed in the 1783 tax records with James Thompson and Thomas Pack living nearby.? Abraham Fields is documented as marrying Johanna Pack (first cousin of James Thompson's wife Nancy Pack) in 1778 Montgomery County marriage records.? Thomas Pack, William Pack Sr., William Pack Jr. and others are documented as serving in the Montgomery County miliita as well as was James Thompson.? Montgomery County will records document those Packs as being brothers per the settlement of the estate of their parents.

The point of this posting is that circumstantial evidence suggests that James Fields Thompson was the son of William Thompson and the grandson of John Thompson and Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson.? I will be willing to finance a DNA test for a known male descendant of John Thompson and Yacomintye Eltinge.? I have the e-mail addresses for descendants of their daughter Anna Thompson McDonald but the maternal line cannot be used for the Y chromosome test.

If you are a male descendant of John Thompson please contact me at the above address and I will make arrangements to pay the Thompson Family Project administrators for the test if you are willing to take it.

Thank you,
Ron Thompson
Tom Mitchell

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:44:40 PM »

Ron
I am also searching for a John Thompson who was in Virginia b c1758 and was in militia serving in Tyrone Valley area before joining the regulars. He lived in the general area as yours so am hoping you might have came across some information on him.
After the war he settled in N C and later moved to Mercer Co. Ky in 1820 and on to Lawrence Indiana where he died in 1830.
I am searching for someone from his only son Elijah for a DNA test but not found anyone as yet.
Cheers
Tom Mitchell
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.