World Families Forums - Buckley Family

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:56:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'B'
| | |-+  Buckley (Moderator: John Buckley)
| | | |-+  Buckley Family
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckley Family  (Read 1459 times)
Mike Buckley

« on: January 07, 2006, 08:19:26 AM »

I have researched the Buckley Families of Lancashire & to a lesser extent Cheshire in England.  I believe that Irish Buckleys are linked to these and would like to prove by DNA profiling.

Mike Buckley
Saddleworth
England
John Buckley
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 03:50:18 AM »

Mike,

We are seeing more interest in the DNA project which is encouraging. Everyone in my immediate family is looking for the link to Europe. It is possible you will be the key that we desperately seek. We have searched and can't find the ship records where our forefathers sailed to America. Even though we suspect, as you do where we originated, we can't confirm this.

Thanks you for your interest and participation. I look forward to hearing more from you.

John Buckley
Richard Buckley
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »

Greetings to all fellow Buckleys!

I have discovered that my roots originate in the Old Tame, Delph area of Saddleworth, England area through a cousin of mine in Dutchess County, NY.  I would like to join up, and do the DNA testing, etc., in the near future.  I am able to trace back to at least 1762 to Old Tame, which was my GGG grandfather, Henry Buckley.  Henry's son Joseph, born in 1788, came to America in 1798 or so to Connecticut, and that's where our American Buckley line starts off.  Other parts of my tree are old-time Connecticut & Mass. Yankees, with names like Chapman, Lewis, Stevens, Chamberlain, Curtis, and Mallory going back to the mid 1600s and beyond. 

I am looking forward to corresponding with anyone with similar names in their tree.

Richard
RWHerbertGD

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:44 PM »

My GGGF was Rev. Buckley Carl Morse born 2 Apl 1811 Rahway, Union Cty, NK married Jane Libby born 14 Feb 1817 Newburgh, Orange Cty, NY. They married 28 Aug 1844 Pequa, Miami Cty, Oh. Do you have any information of a Buckley/Morse link that would account for Buckley being his first name? I'm just now learning about the Morse family and haven't any additional information. It always spikes my curiousity when I surnames inbedded in given names. My GGgrandfather Carl Morse's daughter was Annie Sexton Morse and I'm guessing there is a Sexton family link as well. Thanks for any help you can give. Mary Artis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.