World Families Forums - Curous about DNA testing

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2014, 07:05:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'V'
| | |-+  Vickers (Moderator: Ray Vick)
| | | |-+  Curous about DNA testing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Curous about DNA testing  (Read 1590 times)
Richard Vickers
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:10:39 PM »

Hi, my name is Richard Vickers.  I have been working my families geneology for about five years now, and have linked back to a Vicars line (Robert Vicars : London -> VA 1757), but since a good chunk of the early 1800's records were destroyed in a Courthouse fire during the Civil war, the link from my family back is not perfect.
I have located a gentleman of direct descendent of Robert Vicars who is willing to be tested genetically.  Now my question is, how to go about this process to keep things as simple as possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard Vickers
Orlando, FL
Sara VanLandingham
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:56:10 PM »

Hello. I would like to add some information.

My Grandmother's name was Daisy May Vickers (West Virginia). If you research this family line through the U.S. census, you might find it interesting.

Daisy May Vickers (my maternal Grandmother)
Allie Mae Dillon m. Albert Enos Vickers (my Great Grandfather)

John Hamilton Vickers (Albert's father) m. Nancy Spurlock-(related to "Indian Princess Elizabeth")

Simeon Vickers (John's father) m. Parthena Lawrence - trying to verify this marriage.

From Parthena Lawrence, the line goes back to William Lawrence.

He "supposedly" married Katherine Beaumont.

The Beaumont family tree traces to England and then to John de Beaumont who married Eleanor Plantagenet. The Plantagenet family is a royal family line.

I have been researching Henry Beaumont (John's father) from Scotland because his father was Louis de Brienne of Acre, Jerusalem, Palastine. From this point in the census, Louis de Brienne's father married "Berenguela" of Leon, Spain.

I have been extremely interested in this because my blood type is rh- negative (somewhat rare - 15% of people in the world) which originates in the Basque country of Spain. This is a royal Spanish line of the family.

I have also completed a mtDNA test which shows I am in Haplogroup H (clan Helena). I have a sequence 16519C in my mtDNA that matches Marie Antoinette, Queen of France (her sequence is T16519C) and a member of the Russian Romanov royal family. This line of the Romanovs can be traced back to Queen Victoria of England.

I am attempting to verify much of this information by research. I have done most of it by use of the internet and mtDNA. I have also researched my husband's family tree, my father's family tree and am beginning my husband's mother's tree as well. We all seem to have a common background when you really look at the information. Mostly German and Dutch with a Spanish mix.

Hope this helps you.

Sara

estre68132

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 01:12:13 PM »

Unfortunately, my half-uncle, whose father was George Vickers, died in 1967, and I haven't been able to discover any children from him.
Even though I cannot help anyone with the DNA on the Vickers line, I do have a little bit of information that might help. 
My grandmother, Mary Jane BROWNRIGG (b. April 26,1875), married George Vickers (b. April 15, 1874), June 22, 1898.
There first child, George, was born on Dec. 6, 1898 and died June 8, 1899 (I have no cause of death).
Their second son, Alexander Stanley, was born Sept. 9, 1903, and died July 4, 1967.
George was born in England.
If any of this overlaps with your data, please contact me.
thanks,
Mary Villalba
estre68132

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »

Unfortunately, my half-uncle, whose father was George Vickers, died in 1967, and I haven't been able to discover any children from him.
Even though I cannot help anyone with the DNA on the Vickers line, I do have a little bit of information that might help. ?
My grandmother, Mary Jane BROWNRIGG (b. April 26,1875), married George Vickers (b. April 15, 1874), June 22, 1898.
There first child, George, was born on Dec. 6, 1898 and died June 8, 1899 (I have no cause of death).
Their second son, Alexander Stanley, was born Sept. 9, 1903, and died July 4, 1967.
George was born in England, and emmigrated to Canada (no date).
If any of this overlaps with your data, please contact me.
thanks,
Mary Villalba
arvickers

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

I am a direct descendant of Robert Vicars of London, England.   I come from the Vickers line that migrated to Illinois and Arkansas.  If this is of interest to you, I will be happy to share what I can.

Robbie Vickers McKeage
cny77319@centurytel.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 19 queries.