World Families Forums - Archibald Waddell married to Jane Rennie, Stirling, SCOTLAND

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:30:15 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Waddell (Moderator: Terry Barton )
| | | |-+  Archibald Waddell married to Jane Rennie, Stirling, SCOTLAND
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Archibald Waddell married to Jane Rennie, Stirling, SCOTLAND  (Read 1732 times)
Jim Waddell
« on: June 24, 2006, 09:31:38 PM »

They are my G-grandparents.? Archie was born c1802, (believed Stirlingshire) and died 21 Mar 1878 Muiravonside, Stirling.? Archie and Jane were married in Muiravonside 8 Aug 1843. Their son Robert registered his father's death with the following additional information noted on the extract:? "Age at death 76 years", (thus establishing a birth year of c1802).? This extract also gave the "father's name as Archibald Waddell and the mother as Mary _____".? (The absense of a maiden surname raises the possibility of an illegitimate birth of my g.g.grandfather.)? The extract gave Archibald's occupation as farmer.

I of course, am looking to fill in the blanks and move the family line further back.? Any assistance will be appreciated.
Jim?
pballew

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:40:01 PM »

JIM
My mother is a waddell and has researched a good amount. She is at ewballew@aol.com
thanks Paul Ballew
itsonlyjim

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 04:06:06 PM »

I now know that Archibald's father (my 2nd g-grandfather) was Alexander Waddell, born c1771, West Lothian.  He shows on the 1841 census Torphichen, West Lothian with son Archibald (c1802) and daughter Mary (c1817) at Wheatacre farm which the family occupied until sometime after the 1871 census.  (Alexander's wife is believed to have died before the census as she is not shown.  Her name was reported as Mary).  Alexander's daughter Mary is believed to have married John Pollock in Torphichen in 1843.  It is also believed that other children of Alexander may include Alexander, David, James, Janet.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 04:09:51 PM by itsonlyjim » Logged
itsonlyjim

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 03:07:24 PM »

I now have an up-date to my earlier post.  It is now known that Archibald's parents were Alexander (NOT Archibald) and married to Mary Wilson).  Alexander, born c 1772 West Lothian.  He was age 71, was on the 1841 census.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 19 queries.