World Families Forums - What wave of migration do British Isles J1's represent?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 04:21:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  What wave of migration do British Isles J1's represent?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What wave of migration do British Isles J1's represent?  (Read 1682 times)
JAFarris

« on: June 09, 2006, 03:16:11 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knew what the British Isles J1's are supposed to represent, historically speaking?  I know they are supposed to be prominent in the introduction of agriculture into Europe in the Neolithic period, but does this mean they were instrumental in forming the cultures who produced dolmens, Stonehenge, etc?  Or did they perhaps arrive later, even perhaps with the Roman invasion?  What explains the frequency of J1 in Western Britain, particularly?
Claire_T

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:27:14 PM »

I'm a T1 myself, also with a Western Britain matrilineal origin. We Ts are close cousins of you Js. I would like to think my mtDNA arrived on the island with a Celtic wave of immigrants, but I haven't seen any research to support this.

Claire
CATinGAmtns

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 05:06:47 PM »

I am also J1 extended to J1b1 which is said to be isolated pretty much in British Isles and one pocket of it in Italy with descendants, naturallly, in the USA.  I've had a hard time finding more information particularly about what each mutation means.  Does anyone have more info on J1b1 data?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 18 queries.