World Families Forums - Eliza Maloney, Whitegate, Co. Galway/Clare, Ireland

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 07:23:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  Maloney (Moderator: maloneyAdmin)
| | | |-+  Eliza Maloney, Whitegate, Co. Galway/Clare, Ireland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eliza Maloney, Whitegate, Co. Galway/Clare, Ireland  (Read 1347 times)
Alice7

« on: May 16, 2006, 01:12:56 AM »

Hello, my name is Alice, I live in Ontario, Canada.  I am researching my great-grandmother, Eliza Maloney.  She was born in Whitegate, Co. Galway/Clare, Ireland c1840s.  She emigrated to England as a young lady and went into service with the Kelly family of Northumberland.  She married one of the Kelly sons, they had 10 children together and the rest, as they say, is history.  I have been unable to locate their marriage record.  This is my proverbial brick wall for without this record I cannot continue my research. 

By joining this forum I hope to find other Maloney's with the same roots.  I have been reading up on the DNA but as it for the male descendant with the Maloney surname that eliminates me.  Is there a similar DNA for the female line?

Alice in Canada
siusaidhc

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:11:09 AM »

Hi Alice,
Do you have a paper trail or research trail going back to your female ancestors father? And do you have any idea what religion she was? Its very difficult to trace Catholic records once they get over to Ireland and I have a brick wall also.
We have a pedigree uploaded onto the site, have a look at what is there, goes back to a Robert Moloney born 1831 In Ireland we have found in Limerick. And its possible back to a villiage which is now part of greater Limerick City and to a farm once there.

sorry I can't help any further.

My mtdna is H1 and that traces back to the same place as my husbands. The Iberian Peninsular.

Kind Regards,
Susan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 18 queries.