World Families Forums - Big Y

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 06:46:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Singleton (Moderator: Sarah Singleton)
| | | |-+  Big Y
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Y  (Read 87 times)
martinj

« on: April 19, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »

I have received back my Big Y results from FTDNA. I think that I am the first Singleton to do this test. I had previously done the Chromo2 test at Britain's DNA, which confirmed me as L21/S145>Z255/S219>L159/S169. This is equivalent to the Haplogroup R1b1a2a1a1b4f that is shown in the Singleton yDNA here, although this has been renumbered I believe. The new Big Y test has taken this further and aligned me with a number of other members in the Beatty-Byrnes project (Z255) on a new SNP Z16429. Below that there are 16 new SNPs at present to identify my Singleton line. It would be really great if other R1b1a2a1a1b4f Singletons could do the Big Y test, as we could then form a tree of where the related lineages branched off from each other. I am also a member of the R1b-L21 project which is doing a lot of work on the Big Y test results, all fascinating stuff.
martinj

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »

Some of you may be interested to see how at least one branch of the Singleton family fits into the wider "Celtic" L21 haplogroup. I hope that some of you will link in with this as well, but we shall only find this out with additional testing. Individual SNP testing is available at FTDNA and YSEQ if you do not want to go for the full Big-Y test.

http://www.littlescottishcluster.com/RL21/NGS/Tree.html

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.