World Families Forums - Help! What does all of this mean!?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2016, 10:06:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'O'
| | |-+  O'Conchobhair, O'Connor, Conner & Connor (Moderators: Marie Plummer, Marie Plummer)
| | | |-+  Help! What does all of this mean!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help! What does all of this mean!?  (Read 264 times)
KelleyL

« on: September 29, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »

I thought the Y-DNA testing might help uncover where and who my Conners are, but it's just added to the confusion :) What I do know: we are Halpogroup R-M269 or R1b1a2, which I am told are the same, one a shorthand, the other the hierarchical enumeration.

I only did the Y-37 and now it's telling me to get more information, I need to do Y-67 so I can explore more info on the SNPs. I know what these are, but don't really understand what they will help me uncover.

My last known Conner ancestor is William Conner, born either in Virginia or North Carolina in or around 1768 (different birthplaces were given on two diff censuses). He married Susannah Kendall in Patrick County, VA which would seem to support VA as BP, but Patrick County is right on the border of NC, so no such luck.

His first three children were born in VA (according to their Census and death records). He then appears to have moved to Clarke County, KY where his next two children were born. He was there for an approximate ten year window, from 1809 to 1819 when he moves his family to Cabell County, VA (now West Virginia).

So that is all I have, and no idea what to do with it.

If anyone has any advice, I will gladly take it!

Thank you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.