World Families Forums - Andrew McClure b. 1771 in Maine

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 08:19:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'M'
| | |-+  McClure (Moderator: Dennis McClure)
| | | |-+  Andrew McClure b. 1771 in Maine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew McClure b. 1771 in Maine  (Read 976 times)
dmcclure

« on: April 27, 2006, 11:30:46 AM »

The McClure DNA project is looking for the parents of an Andrew McClure born 11 Nov 1771 in Maine and died in 1830 in Lancaster, Fairfield, Oh. After he moved from Maine to ohio he took on a job as an "Indian Scout". While in Ohio he marries Mary "Polly" Devol b. 1772, Tiverton, Newport, RI and died 25 Dec 1855 McClure's Station, Dunham Twp, Washington, Oh. They are believed to have had 9 children, three of which are Andrew Jr., Harry, and Austin McClure. Mary was the daughter of Judge Gilbert Devol. Any help will be appreciated.

Dennis McClure
bpmcclure

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:59:28 PM »

The McClure DNA project is looking for the parents of an Andrew McClure born 11 Nov 1771 in Maine and died in 1830 in Lancaster, Fairfield, Oh. After he moved from Maine to ohio he took on a job as an "Indian Scout". While in Ohio he marries Mary "Polly" Devol b. 1772, Tiverton, Newport, RI and died 25 Dec 1855 McClure's Station, Dunham Twp, Washington, Oh. They are believed to have had 9 children, three of which are Andrew Jr., Harry, and Austin McClure. Mary was the daughter of Judge Gilbert Devol. Any help will be appreciated.

Dennis McClure

My work with Ancestry.com leads me to believe that Andrew's parents were John McClure (Born Ballynashanagh, Ireland 1717, died Augusta, Virginia 1798) and Elizabeth Steele (Born Augusta Virginia 1720, died Augusta, Virginia 1764).  This could be erroneous, but best I have so far.

Bruce McClure
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.