World Families Forums - Smith-Worldwide Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 04:49:38 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'S'
| | |-+  Smith-Worldwide (Moderators: Marie Plummer, Smith-WorldwideAdmin)
| | | |-+  Smith-Worldwide Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smith-Worldwide Family Pedigrees  (Read 29068 times)
Smith-WorldwideAdmin

« on: January 02, 2005, 03:59:23 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the Smith-Worldwide Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 10:02:40 PM by Marilyn » Logged
Robert Holtsmith
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:27:33 AM »

John Smith? b: 1845 Salford, Lancashire, England;? m Mary Ellen Farrar
? Thomas Holt Smith? b: 19 Nov 1882 Manchester, England; d: 19 Jul 1941 St Louis Co, Mo;? m Blanche Philips
? ? Robert Alfred Smith? b: 22 Apr 1913 St Louis, Mo;? d: 25 Feb 1986 St Charles, Mo; m Alva
? ? ? Robert Holt Smith? b:? private (legally changed name to Robert Holtsmith 1968)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 04:11:18 PM »

Hi, Robert.  I posted your pedigree on the Patriarch page.  Hope you'll join the DNA project if you haven't already.
Marilyn
http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/s/smithwest/pats.html
JENNY D SMITH
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 12:33:59 AM »

SAMUEL SMITH B 1842 TENN, M=MALVINA STEELE
WILLIAM JAMES SMITH,B 1870,M=SARAH CAROLINA COLSON
HENRY RUSSELL SMITH B AUG 8 1818 CHESTER IDAHO, M=DELLA SADARAY MATHIS
WILLIAM LEROY SMITH B OCT 9 1938 CHESTER IDAHO M=GLENNA L LISH
WHSmith

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 08:49:10 PM »

PERSONAL PEDIGREE-William H. Smith (mrhosmith@msn.com)

John, b 1833/11, d 1898/3 Bakersfield Ca.
     Orie, b 1886/3, m Lucy Morris
     Orie, d 1962/11, Ventura Ca.
     Morris, b 1914/7 Bakersfield Ca, m Alberta Dove
     Morris, d 1993/11 Ventura Ca.
D. C. Smith
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 11:34:19 AM »

Pedigree
William Smith b 1821 Cornwall ENG? d 1891 Poplar Middlesex ENG
William Smith b 1847 Greenwich ENG? d circa 1885? ENG
Robert Smith b 1876 Poplar Middlesex ENG? d 1947 Battersea? London
Edward Smith b 1911 Battersea London? d 1976 Hillingdon Middlesex ENG
Janet L Smith
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 12:44:38 AM »

James and Susannah Smith of Allen County, Indiana

James Smith was born in Ohio around 1809. It is not known where he was born exactly but according to Census records he reported that it was Ohio and around 1809. On Dec 24,1830, Ohio State Marriage records show that he married Susannah Overly, she was the daughter of Martin and Polly (Welch) Overly . James and Susannah lived in Ohio until about 1847 mostly in Darke County. James and Susannah had 14 children; eight of the children were born in Ohio, according to census records. The remaining 6 children were born in Indiana.   They include Margaret born in 1831, Mary Ann born in 1832, Sarah born in 1834, William born in 1836, Brunson born in 1838, Charles born in 1840, Kisiah born in 1842, James W. born in 1843 , Joseph born in 1847, Francis born in 1849, Susan born in 1850, Henry born in 1854, Martha born in 1857 and Barberry died as an infant, birth and death dates are unknown.  From census information it becomes clear this Smith Family had moved to Lafayette Township, Allen County, Indiana by the 1850 Federal Census .   They settled on land that was patented to him by the government in Lafayette Township Section 24.

James Smith was a founding member of the United Brethren Evangelical Church in Nine Mile, Indiana in 1853.  The church is presently known as Nine Mile United Methodist Church.  Interesting details emerge about James Smith and other founding members in a historical overview written for the churches 100th anniversary which reads as follows:   ?THE HISTORY OF THE NINE MILE Evangelical U. B. CHURCH This church was organized at the home of John Miller by Rev. Casey with 16 charter members. Daniel and wife Lucy Ann Buskirk sold One acre of ground for $ 10.00 to the trustees of the United Brethren Church, who were Gabriel Miller, Benjamin C. Davis, James Smith, Thomas Overly and Charles Miller, on January 3, 1853. For a period of five years, the meetings were held at the homes of the various members, but in 1859, they erected a log church on the present grounds in section 7, Pleasant township.?   

As I further researched this information all these families listed in this historical overview of the church show up in the 1850 Census in the area of Nine Mile, Indiana.  James? wife was an Overly daughter, as stated in the above paragraph, and it is believed that Thomas Overly recorded in the historical overview is her brother.  Martin and Polly had a son named Thomas born in 1809.  These two families show up as neighbors in the 1850 Indiana Federal Census.  It appears that both families are living on the property owned by James and Susannah. 

The Smiths remain in Allen County for several generations.  James Smith died in 1868  and is buried in the cemetery at the Nine Mile United Methodist Church formerly known as the Nine Mile United Brethren Church but not before several of his children.  The family plot is in the North West corner of the old part of the cemetery.  The first Smith child who died was an infant named Barberry.  This child was likely one of the first burials in the cemetery.  According to church records and recorded tombstones the first burial is in 1853.  The child was likely born sometime between 1853 and 1855.  Susanna would have been several live births after this time. Her last live birth took place when she was 47 years old.  I have been unable to find birth records for this child.  This child?s name appears on his father and mother tombstone in the cemetery. The stone is in several pieces and is difficult to read.  The next child to buried in this cemetery was Kisiah in 1861.  She died at age 19.  Charles died two years later. Charles and Kisiah?s names appear on the same broken tombstone.   There may also be an unnamed infant buried in this family plot too.  Part of an infant stone remains and was recorded as a part of this plot in the transcription book.

James and Susannah?s daughter, Mary Ann married Jonathan Kimble on October 20, 1853.  They first had a son who was named James, presumably after James Smith.  Later they had a daughter named Susannah who apparently died as an infant in March of 1863.  On April 1, 1863 Mary Ann died also.  Both Mary Ann and Susannah Kimble are buried in the Nine Mile Indiana Cemetery in the Smith Plot.  Of the first twelve burials in this cemetery, seven of them were from this Smith Family. 

James W. Smith born in 1843.  He enlisted on the 19th of October 1864 in the Army. He listed his occupation at that time as farmer and stated that he was 21 years of age. He muster out into the Indiana 142 infantry  .  He served until 1865 before returning to Indiana inflected with a chronic reoccurring dysentery type ailment.  He married Oella Denney on March 10,1869  and resumed   farming living near Sheldon, Indiana (now Yoder).   James W. and Oella Smith had five children .  They were William Francis born in 1870, Alvin Oliver born in 1873, Della born in 1876, Dora born in 1877, and Francis Willard born in 1887.  James died in February 5, 1915 .  Oella, who was born in Brook, Virginia on May 12, 1845, died in January, 1925 . 

Their first born son, William Francis, married Dessie Heckman on April 15,1905.  They are found living near James W and Oella in the 1910 federal census. They had the following children:  Virgil born in 1906 and Della born in 1910. Dessie died at an early age prior to 1920.  William F. is found in the 1920 Federal Census  ; his mother is living with him in Pleasant Township and his two children. 

Alvin Oliver Smith was born on December 18,1873.   He married Cora May Crites on December 24, 1892.  In the 1900 US Federal Census, Alvin and Cora are found living near James and Oella Smith.  Everett Alton Smith was born on August 16,1904 at the home of Cora?s mother in Uniondale, Indiana according to Everett?s marriage license.   Cora May Crites was the daughter of John Henry Crites and Amanda McGoogan of nearby Uniondale, Indiana.  James Fredrick Smith was born in 1910.  Alvin Smith ran a dairy farm and creamery in Allen County until 1919.  At that time there was much talk about the automobile industry in the state of Michigan.  The Alvin Smith family decided to move to the Flint Michigan area to seek employment in the Automotive Industry. It was decided that Cora and Everett would travel to Flint using a motorcar and Alvin and Fred road in a train car with the Smith family belongings.  The family story that has been passed down states that ?the dairy producing equipment and the Smith Cow would be included with the Smith belongings just incase the Automotive industry opportunities did not pan out?. The family settled on Term Street in Flint Michigan, this area later became known as Burton, Michigan. Alvin Smith died of a brain aneurysm while working on the factory line in the Buick plant in Flint on January 19,1925.  Cora married John Daly of Clio, Michigan.

Della Smith married William Sparks. They had four children Nora born in 1897, Talmadge born in 1898, Virgil J. on November 3, 1901 and Alvin born in 1904 .

Dora married William Harvey Jackson on June 30, 1893.  Their son Oscar was born on December 21,1895 .  Ruth Jackson was born in 1903.

Francis Willard was born on January 7,1887 in Murray, Indiana located in Wells County.
Frank married Arena May Straley on November 30, 1907.  They had one son named James W. Smith born on February 19,1911 and one daughter Dorothy Smith.   Frank and son, James are found in the Michigan Federal census  living with brother Alvin and Cora Smith in the 1930 Census.

geoffsmith

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 12:42:10 AM »

MY SMITH LINE PERSONAL PEDIGREE

1.   THOMAS b c1610; m Alyce Colman in Whatfield, Suffolk, Eng 1632? d 1684
2.   PHILIP b1633/34 Whatfield, Suffolk m Elizabeth Allin 1654
3.   JOHN b1666 Whatfield, Suffolk m Mary Tampion at Nedging, Suffolk 1692
4.   PHILIP b1698 Whatfield/Nedging, Suffolk m Susanna Betts Elmsett 1723
5.   JOHN b1723 Elmsett, Suffolk m Elizabeth Balls at Elmsett, Suffolk 1750
6.   ELIZABETH b Jun 23, 1751 Elmsett, Suffolk
7.   JONATHAN PERCY b circa 1777 Elmsett, Suffolk m Alice Whymark, Lindsey, Suffolk 1799
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (Jonathan was the illegitimate son of Elizabeth Smith. Hence, the direct male Smith line was broken at this point.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jonathan Percy Smith's father is thought to be Jonathan Pawsey, bapt. 2nd April 1758? in Acton, Suffolk)
8.   JOHN b1800 Lindsey, Suffolk m Jane Death at Lindsey, Suffolk 1827
9.   GEORGE b1834 Lindsey, Suffolk m Charlotte Green 1857
10.   THOMAS b1877 Lawshall, Suffolk m Ellen Green at Little Ilford? 1908

« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:25:47 PM by geoffsmith » Logged
John C. Smith
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »

Personal Pedigree

Jacob Smith b 10 Feb 1842 Ontario Canada d 26 Jan 1927 Perkins Co NE m Emma Stevens
Walter H. Smith b 30 Jan 1870 Bond Co IL d 7 Nov 1952 Grayson Co TX  m Mabel Fauquet
Charles G Smith b 1 Aug 1912 McLennan Co TX d 26 Jun 2000 Dallas Co TX  m Theola Pollock
Suzanne Hardebeck
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 01:46:19 PM »

John Smith b c1622 Sudbury, Eng m Sarah Hunt Sudbury, Middlesex, MA
Thomas Smith b Jul 29 1658 d Apr 9 1718 Sudbury, Middlesex, MA m Abigail Rice b 1657 d 1735
Henry Smith b 1682 Sudbury, Middlesex, MA m Hannah b c1689
Thomas Smith b c1707/08 m Abigail Hawkins shown in record of Pomfret CT
Blodget Smith b Aug 9 1744 in Pomfret CT m Abigail. Abigail spent time in Dutchess NY
Nathan Smith SR b 1781 in MA d 1870 in Greene, Chenango Co, NY m Betsy Sharp
Henry V Smith b 1816 in Greene, Chenango Co, NY d May 8 1866 TX m Caroline Burgett b 1823 in IN
Henry Alva Smith b Dec 14 1862 in Cooke Co TX d 1940 m Mariah Ann Robberson (Annie)
Alva Edward Smith Sr b Mar 25 1887 in Valley View Cooke Co TX m Ruth B Park
Alva Edward Smith Jr b Jun 2 1918 in OKC, OK d Aug 2 1973 in OKC m Helen Marie Barker
Gregory Edward Smith (Y #7A2BG) (DNA kit # 31117)

Robert Fleet Smith III
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 09:37:53 AM »

Leonard Smith b. ca 1735 Dinwiddie Co. VA d. ca 1828 Union Co. SC
     Thomas Smith b. 1787 Union Co. SC, d. 1854 Union Co. SC
          Giles Smith b. 1835 Union Co. SC, d. 1886 Calhoun Co. MS
               Robert Fleet Smith Sr. b. 1868 Calhoun Co. MS, d. 1958 Navarro Co. TX
                    Robert Fleet Smith Jr. b. 1905 Navarro Co. TX, d. 1995 Miller Co. AR
                         Robert Fleet Smith III b. 1934 Smith Co. TX, d. Not yet.
Liam Smith
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 02:00:42 AM »

Liam Smith b 21/12/1950 @ Hamilton, Scotland, UK

William Edward Smith b. 29/12/1929 @ Hamilton, Scotland, Uk. ?d. 05/04/1998 @ Dumfries, Scotland, UK

William Smith b. 16/09/1901 @ Hamilton, Scotland, UK. d. 18/01/1987 @ Brampton, Carlisle, England

John Smith b. 07/11/1880 @ Carnwarth, Scotland, UK. d. 25/01/1962 @ Shotts, Scotland, UK

James Smith b. 22/07/1856 @ Murkirk, Scotland, UK. d. 16/10/1926 @ Blantyre, Scotland, UK

John Smith b. 03/05/1835 @ Douglas, Scotland, UK. d. 12/12/1888 @ Fernigair, Scotland, UK

John Smith ?no dates
Sandy Jean Smith-Distel
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »

I have been researching the Smith family now for about 10 years, I have been told many stories.  It is possible that some of the Smith relatives came from Tennessee. But this is what I have been told: 

My father is Elmer Junior Smith DOB 2-25-1935, born in Shawneetown, IL (also known as Old Shawneetown right on the Ohio river). Elmer married Anna Mae Travelstead on August 15, 1958 in Shawneetown, IL, in the county of Saline. Divorced her in 1980. He then married Mary Hine June 19, 1982. They did not have children together.

My parents had five children. Sandy Jean Smith (myself) DOB 06-16-1959 in New Haven, IL at home,  Brenda Lee Smith DOB 01-05, 1961 in Eldorado, IL.  She died June 1961 in New Haven at the age of 6 months, from apparently SIDS at home, Mary Frances Smith (Hall)  DOB 07-28-1963 in Eldorado, IL,  James Elmer Smith DOB 02-03-1965 in Eldorado, IL, and Elizabeth Ann Smith (Johnson) DOB 12-22-1966 in Eldorado, IL.

Joel Claud Smith (my grandfather) DOB 2-14-1897, died 5-31-1965, buried in Westwood Cemetery, Shawneetown, IL. His first marriage to Lillie Belle Seely took place October 25, 1917. They had two children, 1 female-Mary Pauline Smith, 1 male-Joel Claud Smith (nickname Smokey Joe). His second marriage was to Alice May Back DOB 11-15-1908 of New Haven, IL.  The marriage took place 10-25-1917, and she died 08-05-1946 from apparent cancer. Burial in Westwood Cemetery  My grandfather later married Shirley??? Have no idea anything else about her.

James A. Smith (was my great grandfather) DOB ca. 1877.  He married Maggie Lamb of Ridgway, IL, in Shawneetown, IL, Saline, County. They had three sons together, and which one was my grandfather. There apparently was another son George Smith and a William (Bill) Smith. My grandfather apparently had a half brother Floyd Thomas Jr,  whom I don?t know to much about. His sisters were Clara (Smith) Pruitt and she had lived in Mt. Vernon, IL,  and had a son whose name is/was  Bob Pruitt, and his other sister was Hattie (Smith) Padgett, and also was living in Mt. Vernon, IL. I  was also told of another sister, whom was Mary Pauline (Smith) Back. She had two daughters Faye (Back) Nation of Shawneetown, and Delilah (Lolly) (Back) Vaughan, they are my 2nd cousin, and my father and uncle?s  nieces.

Joseph Smith (was my great-great grandfather) DOB ca. 1808.  He married Eliza Jane Akins married ca. 1845 in Ridgway, IL,  and he died ca. 1863. I also have Virginus Smith in my line.

These are the parents and grandparents of my grandmother. Alice May Back my grandmother's father was James Back married my grand mother Josephine Mossbarger in Shawneetown, Gallatin County, she also had a daughter also named Josephine and she was born 07-20-1891, died 09-05-1972 in Loretta Nursing Home, Shawneetown, IL., and buried in Westwood Cemetery, Shawneetown, IL My grandfather and his wife are buried in Westwood also. I also have a cousin Sheila Pinkston buried in Westwood Cemetery, Shawneetown. Now James Back's father was Mitch Back and was married to Mary Hise, no dates available on them at all. Now Josephine Mossbarger's parents were John W. Mossbarger, married Alice D. Pruitt. now there is nothing else that I have.

I was also told there was also a Luther Ingleton. Apparently, this man was my grandfather?s cousin. Still unknown for sure. There was also a Jim or Red Davies whom was said to be related. There is also a cousin Charles Usselton who I was told lived in Dale, IL, his brother was Hershel was a jockey who was German. If any of this rings a bell please contact me so we can get together. I am trying to plan a family reunion for the Smith's in Shawneetown, IL. So if you are Scottish or related any anyway please let me know.  If you or anyone else is interested in helping getting this together please let me know, I would love to hear from you or anyone for that matter in this regards.
Evern Smith
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »

My personal pedigree

Evern Lee Smith, b 6 Sep 1949, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, UT m Mary Catherine Newman 23 Nov 1968
Earl Pierre Smith, b 9 Nov 1909, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake, UT d 26 Dec 1983, m Elaine Ethelyn Clements 6 May 1940
John Pears Smith, b 12 Apr 1877, Beaver City, Beaver, UT d 3 Nov 1956, m Violet Saville 14 Apr 1904
Richard Smith, b 2 Aug 1829, Leeds, York, England d 6 Sep 1904, m Tabitha Holroyd 30 Oct 1961
William Smith, b 9 Sep 1799, m Mary Pears c1980
Richard Smith, m Mary Harrison
Karin Serfontein
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 05:02:16 AM »

Dear Smith family and friends,

I am resident in South Africa with ancestors from England, my grandfather Frederick Ernest Smith was born in Durban SA ca 1883/1886.  His parents were Alfred and Annie Smith from England.  It has been related to us that we have a Stone connection and that Mr. Stone was a baker.  The only Mr. Stone being a baker was found in Stroud on the 1881/1891 census.
I would love to make the connection with Alfred and Annie Smith parents and family.  I have no idea who Alfred and Annie's parents were.  It is possible that Alfred was in the army during those years serving in the British army.  Frederick died in 1916 in East Africa he had two brothers that I am aware of they were Albert and James/Jimmy.
Please if you can help me it will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Karin Serfontein nee Smith,
South Africa
Chris Smith
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:34:23 PM »

James M. Smith b. 1810 m. Anna Catherine Coleman
Ephraim Monroe Smith b. 1855 d. 1920 m. Sarah Elizabeth Walton
William Monroe Smith b. 1887 d. 1964 m. Ethel Jane Keeling
Leamon Monroe Smith b. 1923 d. 1989 m. Bonniel Lucille Wilkett
DAKSY

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 11:20:24 AM »

John J. Smith b. 1882 (NY) m. Helen b.1886
William Francis Smith b.1909 d. 1988 m.1928(?) Grace Azelda Madison b.1906 d.1983
William Francis Smith b.1930 d.1999 m1951 Joan Phyllis Carrier b.1931 d.1997
(me)Robert Dennis Smith b.1952

John J. & Helen Smith appear in the 1910 U.S. Census in Corinth, NY, with their childresn William F. & Alice N. b.1910
By the 1920 census, Helen is the wife of John J. Connolly. The Children are listed as "stepson & stepdaughter".
By the 1930 census, William F.had married Grace A. &  Alice has married Walter Hotaling
Richard Barton
Administrator
Old Hand

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »

The pedigree has been posted down to 1900.
Richard Barton
Administrator
Old Hand

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 06:00:09 PM »

Chris, your pedigree has been posted.
E. Smith

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »

Short version of 12 known generations of American Smith Lineage
Traced from Francis Smith, b. ca. 1614-19 to last deceased
[/u]

Francis Smith bc 1614-19 England; d 1679, Taunton, Bristol Co. MA; m(1) Agnes d Jan 6, 1665 Taunton, MA; m(2) Sarah c1667 - E. Smith [s06512(at)aol(dot)com]

John Smith b 1644? Taunton, MA, Plymouth Colony; m Elizabeth? Tisdale c1670 Taunton, MA?

John Smith Jr. b (before 1679); d after Jan 26, 1749 Windham County CT Colony (prob. Oneco, CT) m Susannah Hall b 1680 Concord, MA; d prob. Oneco, CT

Lemuel Smith b Feb 25, 1710-11, Plainfield, CT; d Sept 21, 1759, Sterling, CT; m Martha Coit,? b c 1713 Plainfield CT

Rev. John Smith b Mar 7, 1749 Sterling CT; d May 15, 1817 near Newtown, Tioga County NY; m Alice Andrews July 8, 1773 Dighton, MA; b Jan 12, 1758 Dighton, MA; d July 14, 1811 Elmira, NY

Henry Smith b Dec 10, 1783 Dighton, MA; d July 22, 1853 Saccarappa, ME; m(1)Arixene Southgate Jan 31, 1813 Scarborough, ME; b Sept 17, 1793 Scarborough, ME; d Dec 6, 1820 Portland, ME; m(2) Sally Maynard d March 6, 1887 Portland, ME

Rev. Henry Boynton Smith b Nov 21, 1815 Portland, ME; d Feb 7, 1877 NYC; m Elizabeth Lee Allen, Jan 5, 1843 Northampton, MA; b 1817; Dec 5, 1898 Lakewood, NJ

Rev. Henry Goodwin Smith b Jan 8, 1860 NYC; d. Aug 7, 1940 Goshen, MA; m Helen Randolph Foreman Dec 3, 1891 at Freehold Seminary, Freehold, NJ;? b1869; d April 19, 1952

Henry Boynton Smith II b Sept 16, 1892 NYC; d Dec 9, 1965 Northampton, MA; m Constance May Emmaline Bogardus, Oct 9, 1924 at Union Theological Seminary NYC; b Mar 28, 1901 Tyrone, NY; d Dec 25, 1972 Wallingford, CT [Also 3 generations of living direct
descendants, one of which (me) is a 37 marker participant in the Smith Northeastern Project, kit # 18558 and Ysearch # AA7CS][/u][/u]

Long version of 12 known generations of American Smith Lineage
Traced from Francis Smith, b. ca. 1614-19 to last deceased
[/u]

12. FRANCIS SMITH,? b. ca. 1614-19 England;? d.1679, Taunton, Bristol Co. MA (will dated Feb 22, 1679); settled in Hingham, Norfolk County, MA by 18 Sept 1635, moved to Taunton, MA by 1655. Supervisor of Highways, Constable, half owner of Taunton Iron Works Company.
? ? ? ? ?m. (1) Agnes ;? b. poss. Weymouth, MA;? d. Jan 6, 1665 Taunton, MA.
? ? ? ? ?m. (2) Sarah, ca. 1667.

11. JOHN SMITH, ? b. 1644? Taunton, MA, Plymouth Colony;?Yeoman and Constable.
? ? ? ? ?m. Elizabeth? TISDALE,? ca. 1670 Taunton, MA.

10. JOHN SMITH JR.,? b. before 1679;? d. Windham County CT Colony, prob. Oneco, CT (after Jan 26, 1749); First Settler of Voluntown, New London County CT and received military land grant along with his brother Francis; Yeoman and Deputy to General Assembly for eight sessions; Member of the first Presbyterian Church in CT.
? ? ? ? ?m. Susannah HALL,? b. 1680 Concord, MA;? d. prob. Oneco, CT.

9. LEMUEL SMITH,? b. Feb 25, 1710-11, Plainfield, CT;? d. Sept 21, 1759, Sterling, CT. Successful Farmer.
? ? ? ? ?m. Martha COIT,? b. ca. 1713 Plainfield CT;? among the Original Proprietors of Plainfield, NH; d. at the home of her eldest son, Hon. Francis Smith, in Plainfield, NH.
Many of Lemuel Smith's children were among the Original Proprietors of Plainfield, NH or settled in N.H. and VT.

8. Rev. JOHN SMITH, ? b. Mar 7, 1749 Sterling CT;? d. May 15, 1817 near Newtown, Tioga County NY. Princeton Class of 1770 with brother Isaac; Pastor, Missionary, Land Speculator, Philanthropist, member of Kentucky State Synod.
? ? ? ? ?m. Alice ANDREWS,? July 8, 1773 Dighton, MA;? b. Jan 12, 1758 Dighton, MA;? d. July 14, 1811 Elmira, NY.? http://www.rootsweb.com/~srgp/families/johnsmit.htm (needs minor updating as of 6/30/06)
Many of Rev. JS' descendants went West via PA and KY; many settled in IL and WI etc.

7. HENRY SMITH,? b. Dec 10, 1783 Dighton, MA;? d. July 22, 1853 Saccarappa, ME; Merchant.
? ? ? ? ?m.(1)Arixene SOUTHGATE,? Jan 31, 1813 Scarborough, ME;? b. Sept 17, 1793 Scarborough, ME;? d. Dec 6, 1820 Portland, ME.
? ? ? ? ?m.(2) Sally Maynard,?d. March 6, 1887 Portland, ME.

6. Rev. HENRY BOYNTON SMITH? ?LL.D. D.D;? b. Nov 21, 1815 Portland, ME;? d. Feb 7, 1877 NYC; A.B. Bowdoin 1834, Andover, Bangor and Union Theological Seminaries, Pastor, Professor, Theologian, Editor, Author.
? ? ? ? ?m. Elizabeth LEE ALLEN,? Jan 5, 1843 Northampton, MA (by her father William Allen);? b. 1817;? d. Dec 5, 1898 Lakewood, NJ; Poet and Author
http://famousamericans.net/henryboyntonsmith/
http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/moa/moa-cgi?notisid=ABQ0722-0040-121
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3021 (climbed Mt. Katahdin in 1836 at 20 years of age, 10 years before Thoreau)

5. Rev. HENRY GOODWIN SMITH M.A. D.D;? b. Jan 8, 1860 NYC;? d. Aug 7, 1940 Goshen, MA; Amherst Class of 1881; Pastor, Professor, Theologian, Author.
? ? ? ? ?m. Helen RANDOLPH FOREMAN Dec 3, 1891 at Freehold Seminary, Freehold, NJ (by HBS I);? b. 1869;? d. April 19, 1952.

4. HENRY BOYNTON SMITH II,? b. Sept 16, 1892 NYC;? d. Dec 9, 1965 Northampton, MA, Metallurgist.
? ? ? ? ?m. Constance May Emmaline BOGARDUS, Oct 9, 1924 at Union Theological Seminary NYC (by HGS);? b. Mar 28, 1901 Tyrone, NY;? d. Dec 25, 1972 Wallingford, CT.

DNA testing is a powerful tool in the effort to ultimately unite the various Smith clans. My 37 marker yDNA Kit # 18558 (Francis Smith, bc1614-19 England)is viewable at the Northeastern Smiths DNA Project (New England, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Ohio): http://smithconnections.com/index.cgi

So far we have a subgroup of three of Francis? descendants.

As of 6/30/06 the Northeastern Smiths DNA Project currently lists DNA test results for 109 Smiths and counting.

Also, check out FTDNA?s Ysearch, ?The #1 Public yDNA Database?; Here?s the latest search results for
matches with my user ID AA7CS on at least 12 markers, allowing a maximum genetic distance of 4.
Showing matches with last names Smith, Smyth, Smythe.
http://www.ysearch.org/search_results.asp?uid=AA7CS&min_markers=12&mismatch_type=absolute&mismatches_max=4&mismatches_sliding_starting_marker=8&lastname_limiter=variants&haplo=&region=

Happy Trails,
E. Smith
es06512(at)aol(dot)com
Norman Smith
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 09:10:42 PM »

Joseph Neal Smith born abt. 1814, Georgia, USA-GG Grandfather
Pleasant Holley Smith born 1836 Franklin Cty. Georgia, USA Great Grandfather
Howell Henderson Smith Sr. Born Dallas County, Arkansas USA 1875 Grandfather
Henderson Howell Smith Jr. Born Dallas County, Arkansas USA 1924 Father
Norman Howell Smith Born Pine Bluff, Arkansas USA 1961 (myself)
beverly71

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 09:38:17 PM »

John Smith b. 1/9/1796 PA, d.10/9/1848? Greenup Co. KY m. Mahala Virgin? b. 2/19/1800 KYd.3/22/1856 Greenup Co KY.
-Joseph Madison Smith b.6/22/1824 Lewis Co. KY, d. 11/1/1898 Clinton Co. IN
m. (1) Jemina Crull 1850 Scioto Co OH; b. 1818 Scioto Co OH, d. 1873 Clinton Co. IN
--Ralph Silas
--William Alhander (Bunk)
--Mary Ann (Polly)
--John Allen.
m. 2.Maria Margaret Cunningham 1876 Clinton Co. IN;? b. 1839 d. 1923 Clinton Co IN;
-Ruhanna
-Edward Smith
b 1880 Clinton Co IN d. 1963 Boone Co IN;
m. Myrtle Grace Marsh b 1903 Tippicanoe IN, d. 1989 Boone Co IN.
--Marvin Albert
--Frances Evelyn
--Martha Elizabeth
--Edna Jean
-Charley
Willie Smith
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »

MY DNA TEST KIT IS 17331 via Family Tree DNA

William / Wilhelm / "Bill" Smith (Schmidt / Schmitt ??) born in GERMANY possibly 1860-1872 died unknown, possibly OHIO. Wife possibly a Ms. THOMASON, born about 1862-1872 in ENGLAND.

.............William L. Smith - born 1889 OHIO (place unknown) - died March 26, 1930 in Tupelo, Lee County, Mississippi. Married about 1920-1928 place unknown, possibly Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, or Alabama (eloped) to Maggie Mae STREETMAN, born 23 August 1901 - died 15 September 1982 Iuka, Tishomingo County, Mississippi.

William spoke fluent GERMAN and worked for the railroad in Greenville, Washington County, Mississippi in 1920.

.....................Willie Robert Smith - born April 7, 1930 in Tupelo, Lee County, Mississippi.  Married July 6, 1954 in Springfield, Robertson County, Tennessee to Gladys Marie RICE. Died January 6, 1986 in Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana.
.............................Willie Douglas Smith (me) - born September 24, 1959 Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana. Married July 16, 1988 Manchester, Coffee County, TN to Valerie Torano.

I am searching for matches amongst the GERMAN Smith immigrants and those within the Schmidt/Schmitt's in Germany as well...
tjlhere

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »

Hello This is my pedigree that I am sure of

Henderson SMITH b: 16 JAN 1841 in Fentress co.Tn
 Elizah (OR Elijah) SMITH b: 1842 in? Tn
 Nancy Katherine SMITH b: 1847 Tn
 Emerson SMITH b: 1849.Tn
 Redman SMITH b: 1853 Tn

William R SMITH b: 1855? .Tn? d. 1893 or 1894? KY? m Cresie E. Hill Oct. 1885
? ? ? ? ?children-? Cora 7/1886 , Garfield 3/1888 , Sara 10/1890, Eda 7/1893
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?(ages from 1900 census)

James Haden SMITH b: 11 MAR 1856 Ky
 John Granville SMITH b: APR 1857 Ky
 Martha SMITH b: 1862 , Ky
 Polly SMITH b: 1864 Ky

Garfield is my grandfather  Hope someone know them, Teresa
wendy_k

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2007, 07:16:00 AM »

Hi!

I'm new to all this, but it seems very fascinating!

My dad's name is Brian David Smith (born 10th August 1941) who emigrated to Austria some time ago. I'm his only daughter, named Wendy Irene Marie Kozissnik (after my mom, because my parents never married) and I live in Austria, Europe. My dad grew up around Syracuse, NY together with his 3 brothers and 1 sister. Their names are (some were) Rochelle Pautze (nee Smith), Rick Smith, Kevin Smith and the 3rd brother I don't know the name of as the others lost track of him. My dad's mom's name was Margaret Smith (and the name she was born with might have been something like Schiltz). My grandpa's name I have forgotten as I never knew him, but I think his mom might have had an Irish name (something like O'Dooley).

I'll try to get more info gradually, but it's not easy because some have died (my grandparents (except one granny) are not with me anymore).

I thought I just might post this anyway...

Wendy K.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.