World Families Forums - Colonel John Hogan

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:19:07 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'H'
| | |-+  Hogan (Moderator: Greg Barkett)
| | | |-+  Colonel John Hogan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Colonel John Hogan  (Read 2904 times)
Dan Spence
« on: April 20, 2006, 01:03:56 AM »

Any leads on the ancestry of Colonel John Hogan prior to his birth?  And wondering about any clues to where the family came from.  I had heard Ireland. Any idea what part?
Clio
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 11:30:24 PM »

Not really any leads.? It's been pointed out to me that he was pretty well educated, as he held some offices, and was a community leader, suggesting he was not of the peasant class.? There are 4 known brothers:? Col. John, Daniel, Zachariah and Isaiah--all Bible names.? What that means, I cannot conclude.

There is a Thomas Hogan in Prince William that left a will that is interesting, and names his children, but no Zachariah or Isaiah, but I'm still looking at that possibility.

There's also the possibility those 4 were immigrants themselves.

Hogan is an irish surname, and that's all we know.

Col. John & Daniel married Lloyd sisters from a Prince George Co., VA Lloyd family line of 3 Thomas Lloyds, but the wives of Zachariah and Isaiah are unknown.

DNA test results are posted for a descendant of Daniel, and I suspect the Marmaduke posted is Zachariah's son, but can't prove it.? DNA pending is from Alexander, who lived in Montgomery Co., NC, also, and may be a Zachariah descendant, altho the researchers think he comes from James & Silence of Anson Co., NC.

What do you think?? R U a Col. John descendant, and if so, how?
Dan Spence
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »

My father's name is William Elwood Spence. My grandmother, Ilma Spence (nee Stanley), who's mother is Vinnie Zela Hogan, is how I am related to Col. John Hogan. ?Just curious if there were any new leads, I do have my grandmother's copy of "Hogan Genealogy". It's the first edition, are there more current editions?
Clio
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:59:19 PM »

Oh, U R Cousin Zela Hogan Stanley's family!? I remember her.? My business partner is Mitchell Ross, who was once married to Mary Ann Stanley, Zela's daughter, I think?

We R having the Hogan reunion here at the farm on Sat, 30 Sept; Una Belle used to come; but the trip will be too much for her now.

Send me your line at:? cdmhogan@usit.net.
Thanks!
Cleo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 17 queries.