World Families Forums - Looking for information on my 3x Great Grandmother Catherine McWilliams

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 26, 2014, 10:30:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for information on my 3x Great Grandmother Catherine McWilliams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking for information on my 3x Great Grandmother Catherine McWilliams  (Read 2103 times)
Jamie

« on: April 11, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

Hi,
 I would like to thank Terry Barton for giving me the opportunity to link up to this site so that I could post some information in the hope of finding out more about my 3x Great Grandmother Catherine McWilliams. I have had a DNA Test done to see which McGarvey's I am related to, this is how I found the McWilliams Study.

Catherine would have been born around 1800 in Northern Ireland. She married James McGarvey born 1803, also born in Ireland. James's records indicate that he was from Lissan Parish which would be from Londonderry or Tyrone. James and Catherine had four children Robert born 1833; James born 1836; Martha 1841, and Catherine born 1842. All were listed as born in Ireland.

Catherine must have died after child birth of their last child Catherine. As James ends up marrying Elizabeth McKenney and have a son Samuel in 1846. We are not sure whether Catherine died on the way over to Canada in 1843 or shortly after child birth.

We do know that in the 1851 census that James and Elizabeth are listed as Presbyterian and in the census after they are listed as Church of England. As are the children.

There is a possibility that James was in the Military, and we are trying to find that out.

If any one has some information that might lead us to finding more out about Catherine, it would be greatly appreciated. We have met so many brick walls.

Regards,
? ? ?Jamie McGarvey.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 18 queries.