World Families Forums - These Active Surname Projects Really Deserve a Family Co-Administrator

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 12:12:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  These Active Surname Projects Really Deserve a Family Co-Administrator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: These Active Surname Projects Really Deserve a Family Co-Administrator  (Read 11081 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: April 09, 2006, 01:33:48 PM »

We have a number of surname projects that have no administration from a family member. Many call these "Orphan Projects"

We welcome one or more volunteers to become co-administrators of the following projects and to learn how to manage the project at their your pace - with our support. (Or take it on your own - if you are ready)

Active Projects needing a Co-Administrator
Aaron, Abbott, Ackerman, Arthur, Ash, Ayers
Bacon, Barclay, Baum, Baxter, Bender, Benjamin, Bergman, Black, Blount, Boswell, Brandt, Burkett, Burrell, Butler
Carney, Cash, Castro, Champagne, Chaney, Chappell, Christopher, Collier, Conklin, Corn, Cross, Cruz, Cutler
Denton, Dillard, Dolan, Doyle, Dunlap, Durham, Duval
Emery, Eubanks
Fagan, Feldman, Findley, Fink, Flores, Flynn, Foley, Fountain, Franco, Franks, Frey, Friedman
Gallagher, Garza, Goldberg, Goldstein, Gore, Gould, Greenberg, Groves, Guererro, Gunn, Gutierrez
Hampton, Haney, Hannah, Hardy, Hartman, Hastings, Hayward, Heard, Hedgpeth, Herbert, Hernandez, Hess, Holden, Holland, Hollis, Holloway, Hunter, Hurley, Hutchins
John
Keller, Koehler
Lacy, Lassiter, Leach, Levin, Lind, Lopez, Love, Luna, Lund, Lynch
Malone, Maloney, Mann, Marin, McGrath, McIntosh, Meadows, Merritt, Milner, Mobley, Moon, Moran, Moser, Moss, Myers
Newell, Norris, Novak
Ogden, Orr, Ortiz
Padgett, Parsons, Patrick, Patton, Peters, Potter, Pratt, Purcell
Randall, Ransom, Reyes, Rinehart, Ring, Roman, Rosenthal, Roy, Royal, Ruiz, Ryan
Sams, Santos, Schroeder, Schwartz, Seay, Sevier, Sexton, Sheridan, Shoemaker, Siegel,  Snow, Solomon, Sprague, Steiner, Story, Stover, Stowe, Street, Sweeney
Talbott, Trotter, Trujillo
Valentine, Vasquez
Waller, Walters, Walton, Warner, Weaver, Weber, Wilkerson, Wilkins, Willard, Wills,  Woodman, Woolf
Yeager
Ziegler

Note: we also are administrator for many more smaller projects which also need and deserve a family admin.

Once you are confident, you can take over sole operation of the project - or keep us in the background as technical support. (The websites that we provide will stay with the project.? They are provided at no cost.)

You may post a reply, or contact me privately by clicking on the white envelope

Additionally, I have the following ancestral surname projects that I would love to share administration with a fellow family researcher"

Bancroft
Brandt
Briscoe
Bynum
Conway
Light
Robeson
Steele
Tuttle
Waddell
Wortham

You can find these projects with a search at:

http://worldfamilies.net/search.html

Terry

More info on becoming a Co-Admin is available at this site: http://www.worldfamilies.net/becomepa
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:39:31 AM by Terry Barton » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »

I have added several more surnames needing a co-admin to the above listing today.

There are a significant number of other projects that we are managing until a family member comes along and volunteers to take a role - or to take over.

You can search your surnames of interest most easily at our WorldFamilies.net "Search" page.  (Projects on our websites will show up in the right column labeled "World FAmilies Network".)

http://www.worldfamilies.net/search/search.php

Terry

ps If you have a surname not served with a Surname Project at FTDNA and are ready to order a test, we will setup the project for you.  You can become involved in the administration, or simply use the project for your research.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:01:48 PM by terry » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 03:11:27 PM »

I have heard a number of folks express concern about someone who is not a member of the family starting and managing a surname project - particularly when it is their surname.  WorldFamilies.net has helped a number of projects get rolling and then had a family member show up to be involved as co-admin.  We know that we can't possibly promote the project like a family member, whose focus is single minded.  However, we do provide a place for folks to buy their test at the group rate and to be gathered together until the real work starts after a family member has gotten involved.  I just received this email from one such family member.   (I have removed his name and the project name, but will provide it privately.)

"Hi Terry!  Thanks so much for stepping up to the plate and getting these things started.  This is something that I have been meaning to do for some time and have put off.   I recently made the plunge and started the wheels rolling only to find out that someone else had jumped in there.  I was further surprised when I saw that it was someone who was not a "--------"!  I called FTDNA and expressed my concern that it would not be adequately promoted and the web site would just languish.  Well, I can tell you that they put my fears to rest and gave you a glowing endorsement!!!  Then I got your email and that was the crowning touch!  Again, I really appreciate all that you do!!! I have already contacted representatives from the two "------------" clans here in N. America and am in the process of writing articles for their bulletins.  I had also contacted a couple of guys about going ahead and ordering kits so that we could get the project going.  One, "----------------", has already ordered his.  I'm thrilled to have someone with experience take the first turn at the helm.   I know that there are "--------------" out there with far more web site experience than me.   But until they step forward I am willing to do what ever I can to make the project work.   So
kind sir, your student is here.  Let the coaching begin!? Sincerely, "--------------" "
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 05:27:27 PM by terry » Logged
SunflowerStar

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:01:55 PM »

Is there a Briggs family forum? I keep looking and did a search but nothing comes up and how do I start one if there is not one?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

Hi SunFlowerStar.  We have not previously provided Forums when we didn't host the project - but we are intending to change that soon.  Terry
SunflowerStar

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »

My brother took the DNA test for the Briggs line... FamilyTree DNA
SunflowerStar

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:48:01 PM »

If you need his data I can give it and I would like to manage the Briggs line if possible...
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 03:40:35 PM »

I actually do update this list - but just realized that my edits don't change the last date posted - so I have posted this message to show that our list is current.

Terry
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 06:19:19 PM »

Just made a major update to this list. 

All of the projects with 30 or more members where we provide Interim Administration and that have no family researcher are on the list.  However, there are many more smaller projects that also deserve a family researcher as co-admin or admin

Contact me at terry AT worldfamilies.net if you are interested in getting involved.

Terry
8-23-13
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 17 queries.