World Families Forums - Family Finder, Ancestry, 23andMe autosomal DNA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2015, 01:52:38 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Forsyth (Moderator: Mike Forsythe)
| | | |-+  Family Finder, Ancestry, 23andMe autosomal DNA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Family Finder, Ancestry, 23andMe autosomal DNA  (Read 101 times)
KathleenIC

« on: December 21, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »

My name is Kathleen Cooper and I am a new administrator here at the Forsyth/e DNA Project. I have tested my DNA at FTDNA (Family Finder and FMS), DNA Ancestry, and 23andMe. Also, my results are posted at GEDmatch.com (F236604; M545605; A038861) and I have a family tree at Ancestry.com. Overkill? Maybe, but my mother's Scots Irish ancestry is very spotty and I've done everything I can to try and fill in the blanks. My great-grandmother Margaret Forsythe married Robert McElrea in County Tyrone and, other than a few relatives names, that is all I know about her; hence my interest in the Forsythe DNA study.

I am also Chair for the DNA Interest Group at the North San Diego County Genealogical Society and an administrator for the McElrea DNA Project and One-Name Study. I don't claim to be an expert in DNA, but I can often find information or get questions answered. I can also recommend resources for adoptees and others who are interested in understanding the maze of autosomal DNA.

In the near future I will be posting links here for websites with information. The first action I recommend is to join ISOGG (it's free!) and then subscribe to the DNA Newbie Yahoo mail list. There are a lot of experts there and just reading the messages (don't worry if some of it is like Greek!) will help in understanding DNA.

The second thing I recommend is for anyone who has autosomal DNA test results to upload them, along with a gedcom, to GEDmatch.com. This allows those who tested at all the companies to compare their results in many ways. If you need help to do this, please just ask!
Mike Forsythe

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »

As the clock is ticking down on the Holiday Sale, I am willing to sponsor a Family Finder Test - for a Forsyth/e, or Forsyth/e ancestry with a Pedigree going back to a minimum of 5 generations...First come first served.

You can contact me via a PM on this Forum, or e-mail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.