World Families Forums - Breaking News! FTDNA Now Offers 59 Marker Test!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  Breaking News! FTDNA Now Offers 59 Marker Test!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking News! FTDNA Now Offers 59 Marker Test!  (Read 2083 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:01 PM »

GREAT NEWS: Family Tree Announces 59 Marker Test and Upgrades to Earlier Tests! (AND? they lowered the price on their 37 marker test by $30)

I just found out that Family Tree DNA has changed their product line to these tests:

1. 12 marker test - $99? ?(no change)
2. 37 marker test - $189? (new lower price)
3. 59 marker test - $269? (new product)

And these upgrades:

4. 12 to 37 marker upgrade - $ 99 (was $149)
5. 25 to 37 marker upgrade - $ 49 (was $59)
6. 12 to 59 marker upgrade - $189
7. 25 to 59 marker upgrade - $149
8. 37 to 59 marker upgrade - $ 99

Terry

P.S. Check your personal or project pages to order your own upgrade.?

Click here to go to FTDNA's website.
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:09:20 AM »

We have 15 men who have ordered the 37 to 59 marker upgrade in the Barton project and 5 men who have ordered the upgrade in the Hodges Project.

I'll announce our learnings here.

Terry
Vera
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »

I went into the link for the 59 marker test and the cost was marked as 349. not te 269 mentioned above.  Have they raised it? 
Paul Sheats
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 01:20:09 PM »

I believe Marilyn posted the costs that apply when there is already a project set up for your surname.
Paul_Sheats

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

I believe Marilyn posted the costs that apply when there is already a project set up for your surname.

I forgot to mention, you get a  if your surname already has a project set up.
The prices you saw is what you pay when there isn't already a project set up.
V. Lane
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »

QUESTION?  Are WFN Forum and FTM DNA compatible with each other?  Can results be read on one forum and transferred to another?  How many DNA programs (as opposed to family projects)  are available?  Speciifically, could my husband's already established yDNA with FTM be used to compare with same surname on WFN forum, other other forums, if three or more such services exist?

Competition is good between different companies, if this be the case.  BUT if infomation could not be shared "across the board" between competitors
(IF indeed the two above mentioned entities ARE competitors) there would not be a real value to the purchaser/client, would there?

This question addressed elsewhere to my knowledge.  Thanks for reading.  VB
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 09:46:36 AM »

Hi VB.  WFN Forum and FTDNA are compatible and are not competitors. 

- FTDNA is the testing company. 
- WorldFamilies.net hosts project websites
- WFNForum is a site where project participants can discuss their project(s). 

Discussion Forums at WFNForum are set up to correspond to project sites at WorldFamilies.net.

Project Administrators using our websites take results from FTDNA and pedigrees from WFNForum and post both on their project site at WorldFamilies.net  We encourage the projects using WorldFamilies.net websites to include testing results from other testing companies, but the decision is really up to the project administrator.

Projects using our websites share their information.

FTDNA's site announces that they have 3045 surname projects.  We host about 1/4 of those projects at WorldFamilies.net and WFNForum, while a number of surname projects use the simple webspace that FTDNA provides and many projects make their own independent arrangements.  And - some projects have no website.

We will provide a project website to any project operating from Family Tree DNA, upon request of the project administration.  I assume that your husband's surname is Lane.  The FTDNA Lane project uses the webspace provided by FTDNA.  Upon request from the Lane Project administrator, we will be pleased to provide a free website at WorldFamilies.net and forums here at WFNForum..

You'll find WorldFamilies.net at http://worldfamilies.net  Do a search for your surname of interest.  The link in middle column will take you to the project's testing company and the link on the right hand column will take you to the WorldFamilies.net website (if we provide one)

Terry

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 09:48:59 AM by terry » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 18 queries.