World Families Forums - How have you convinced family members to be DNA tested? 3/11/06

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:03:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  How have you convinced family members to be DNA tested? 3/11/06
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How have you convinced family members to be DNA tested? 3/11/06  (Read 847 times)
Marilyn Teaff Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: March 11, 2006, 11:53:07 AM »

Many people are still fearful of DNA testing because they are afraid it will invade their privacy or be used against them in some way.? Most people can be reassured by explaining that the part of the DNA used for this test cannot be used in any other way, and that they will be assigned a number to disguise their identity on the internet.? Are there objections you have encountered and been able to overcome??
 Post your story here.? (Click reply to post)? ?Note: if you are signed in, you can come back later and edit, update, or even delete your original? posting.? Feel free to post as many times as you'd like.
CF
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 10:43:54 PM »

be sure to tell them it doesn't go to any government agency !!
Have you see the  Gattica?
Theresa
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 07:35:25 PM »

I am a HODGE! Or am I??????
This question has stumped myself and other researchers of our branch.
We know his mother, but oh what a messy divorce during the 1860's in Kentucky.
We may be a JONES (second husband), a SALMONS (first cousin to HODGE's supposed father), a MASON (man with whom accusations were made), or who knows?!?!?!?!
In attempting to solve the puzzle, I presented it to a male cousin who has agreed to participate in the DNA testing.
We have reseached the HODGE lineage, and if we are a match to another submitter in earlier generations then we will have the proof we have been seeking for more than 30 years.
If there is no match, then we will submit the results to the other surnames for consideration.
Paul_Sheats

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:37:50 AM »

Unfortunately I have know idea who my Sheets/Sheats cousins might be.  My dad was an only child
and his father was the only son in that family, so I'd have to go back to about the 1860's to determine
any relatives.  I'm not sure who is my great grandfather, except for his first name, because he left
early in his marriage and I can't find any record of them even be married.  And testing one of my
brothers would not really help me as far as ancestors go.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.