World Families Forums - WADSWORTH Family Pedigrees

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 04:21:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  WADSWORTH (Moderator: Wayne Modlin)
| | | |-+  WADSWORTH Family Pedigrees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WADSWORTH Family Pedigrees  (Read 4145 times)
Wayne Modlin

« on: March 09, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

We invite you to submit your "Pedigree" for the WADSWORTH Family Project Patriarch page. (You don’t have to be a test participant to post your family pedigree.)  

There are two ways to make your pedigree available to the project administrator for posting on the Patriarch Page:
1.  Send the pedigree by email directly to carrie@worldfamilies.net in the simplified form described below  (If you send it this way, your pedigree will only be posted on the Patriarch Page, and will not be included in the Pedigree Forum)
Be sure to include

E
mail address you wish to be posted with the pedigree
                 Kit number of the project participant whose pedigree this is
                 N
ame, birthdate, birthplace, spouse for each generation (direct  male line).

2.  Log-in to post your pedigree on the Pedigree Forum.  By posting your pedigree on the forum, you are making it available for the Project Administrator to post it on the Patriarch Page, along with your contact information, and kit number (or code identity number).

1. You must be logged in to post on this forum.
    How do I register to post a pedigree?
    I've already registered. How do I log in?

2.  Please include your Kit number or Code Identity number if you have been tested for the project.

3. Please read the following instructions, then scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply" in order to post your pedigree.

4. The pedigree for a Surname Project follows your paternal line.  Please post only the information for each generation:

Full Name of Earliest Known Male Ancestor for this Surname
His birthdate
Birthplace
Spouse’s name

(If you are missing any piece of this information, post another bit of identifying information) 

Suggestions for Posting your Pedigree on this forum:

o        Post four pieces of information for each ancestor

o        Begin with the earliest generation

o        Use standard abbreviations:  m=married, b=born, d=died, c=circa, Co=county, VA=Virginia, GA=Georgia, etc

o        Try to keep to one line per generation

o        Include only generations that have this family surname

o        Provide your name and email address as the pedigree provider

o        Provide the kit number and/or project code identity number if pedigree is for a tested participant

o        Use surname with each generation

o        Don’t use all caps

o        Don’t include anyone whose birthdate is after 1910, for privacy concerns.

o        Don’t number the generations 

Scroll down to the last posting on this forum and click "reply". Post your pedigree in the box provided, and click "Post".    

If you do not see a"reply" tab, it means you have lost your log in and will need to log in again in order to post. Go back to the project home page, log in again, and return to the pedigree forum. Login should hold the second time. 

rwadsworth

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »

I am a female Wadsworth - from the genealogy information that my Uncle (Wadsworth) has gathered, he and my father are supposed descendants of Christopher Wadsworth from the Lyon(ship) of 1632.  Between my father and his only brother there are 6 sons and 6 grandsons and I am very interested in the DNA project.  As all of the males in question are still alive (thank heaven!), I will do my best to spark further interest in the DNA project.  Thank you for your interest.
Waddy001

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »

My father was James Thomas Wadsworth, married Elizabeth A Donahoe and I have two brother, James T Wadsworth Jr and Walter E Wadsworth.  My son, Gable M Wadsworth is 25 born Atlanta GA.  I was born in Hartford CT in January 1946.  My brother has been tested and is #4 on the chart.  I would like to know the prevalence of Marsh name in the Wadsworth family as my Grandfather and his father each bore this middle name.
kwadsworthjr

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 10:18:31 PM »

Samuel Wadsworth, B.1797 GA
William Wadsworth, B. 1856 Fl
Joseph William Wadsworth, B. 1899 FL

I am looking for Samuel Wadsworth's Father, I do not think Samuel was born in
Georgia nor do I think that is his Birth year. I did find a William Wadsworth
born in 1795 in Georgia (may be older brother)and his  Predigress goes
to Present day TX.  Also I have found a company they still makes the book
" 250 years of Wadsworth in America" written in 1883 family reunion. the site
is http://www.higginsonbooks.com/wade-warrinerSC.html

lindalathrop

"Never give up!"

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 12:19:36 PM »

While researching my Hooker family line I have discovered that one of the Hooker daughters married a Wadsworth in
Chicago, IL in 1871, the year of the Great Fire.
Her name was Alice G. Hooker and his name was Henry Wadsoworth.
They had two sons named Robert Francis Wadsworth and Harry "waddy" Wadsworth.
Waddy became a jazz musician in Chicago in the 20's and 30's.
I believe their father was called General Wadsworth and was a friend of my gggrandfather, Stephen G. Hooker, b. in
Brandon, VT, moved to Perrysburg, NY and then in 1856 to Chicago, IL.

Do any of these Wadsworth names sound familiar to anyone. I do have a photo of Waddy Wadsworth with a sextet that
he played with.
I am trying to find out where the Wadsworth's in Chicago, IL area were buried. Hookers were buried in Graceland Cemetery
mainly.

Hope to hear from someone.

Linda Hooker Lathrop

Linda Hooker-Farrell Lathrop

sherwood1009

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »

My Father John Edward Wadsworth brother Henry, Charles Thomas, James, Sister Rose, and Mable Kathryn
Grandfather Henry Emmitt
Great-grandfather Henry died in Wyoming murdered during a robbery climbing down from the train where he worked as an engineer
My father claimed his Grandfather was Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's Uncle
My Father passed 09/02/2001 at 49 in Cambridge City, Indiana
Our family is mostly in Indiana or close to the Indiana line in Ohio
Mostly Wayne County Indiana
lindalathrop

"Never give up!"

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »

Hi,
Could you tell me where your great grandfather Henry was born?
Did he live in Wyoming all his life or did he travel there while working on the train?
Do you know the year he died?
Do you know the name of his wife or children?

Thank you for the help.

Linda Hooker Lathrop

Linda Hooker-Farrell Lathrop

DPWadsworth

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

Ronald Wadsworth born circa 1920's Wombwell/Hoyland, brother to Alvin, Gladny (married Gladys) and a sister. Ronald's father was a Deputy at the local pit and was nicknamed "Tupty" and whose first wife died quite early as he married the lady who nursed his first wife.

Ronald (Ron/Yorky) married Rosalind Reilly (from Hexham) and they had 5 children. Michael John (dob 1947), Philip James (dob 1948), David Paul (dob 1949), Barbara Anne (dob 1947), Susan Mary (dob 1946).

Very, very new at this...help.

Ciao,

David P Wadsworth.
DNARose

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »

My mother was a Wadsworth, although she was orphaned in infancy by the Spanish (Swine) Flu Epidemic of 1918.  The fortunate thing was that several documents from her family, includiing a very old family bible remained with her all her life.  Through this bible and several years of searching, I located a cousin, who supplied a DNA Sample before he died in  2008.  It is FT-DNA kit #120976, which I have joined into the Wadsworth Project.  The direct line pedigree is as follows:

William Wadsworth   c1768 Clones, Co. Monaghan, Ireland;  m ?
John Elder Wadsworth c1795 Clones, Co. Monaghan, Ireland; m Elonar Graham
John Wadsworth  Jun 10, 1829 Clones, Co. Monaghan, Ireland; m Nancy Jane Bonter
William John Wadsworth Feb 20, 1860 Ameliasburgh, Prince Edward Co., ON., Canada; m Eleanor Frances Coombs
Walter Sidney Wadsworth Nov 13, 1890 Gloucester, Carleton Co., ON, Canada; m Ina Maude Steele
James Robert Wadsworth Jan 10, 1938 in Penticton, BC, Canada

I now have a lot of information on this Irish family, many of whom immigrated to the U. S. and Canada between 1820-1850.

I notice this is a very close and meaningful match with Wadsworth Lineage 4, attributed to William Wadsworth, who immigrated 1632.  My Ancestry must tie into this line very closely before this William.  I have seen a claim that two Wadsworth brothers were given land in Ireland for "Services to the King" in the 1700's, but could never document it.  This is a very interesting new tie in the Wadsworth family.  I'd be happy to share inforrmation with knowledge of this family in Ireland.  I am the Administrator of the Rose DNA Project, DNARose at shaw.ca.
jtwadsworth

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 11:11:47 PM »

William Hiram Wadsworth b1821 d1894 GA m Sarah Frances (Frankie) Clay
John Hiram Wadsworth b1855 d1935 GA m Rebecca Evelyn Connell
William Marian Wadsworth b1886 d1963 GA m S. Addie Crawford
woodsongg

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 08:04:55 AM »

My maiden name is Wadsworth.  My family line is from Pennsylvania. 

Benjamin Wadsworth, 12/3/1803, Cumberlain Valley, Bedford, Pennsylvania, m Mary Ann Hull, 4/22/1812, Virginia.

Joseph Wadsworth, 9/22/1831, Monogolian, West Virginia, m. Abigail Thompson, 5/24/1842, Oliphant Furnace, Fayette,Pennsylvania.
'
Joseph Hess Wadsworth, 5/19/1869, California, Washington, Pennsylvania, m. Martha Bowdler, 1873, England.

Harry Emmett Wadsworth, 1892, Pennsylvania, m. Ercie Gilkie, 1896 Illinois.

Joseph Harry Wadsworth, 11/4/1922, Torrence, California, m. Wreatha Jo Howard, 1/18/1925, Denver Colorado. (My parents).

I will have to repost with my dna kit number.
jksloan

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »

My maiden name is Wadsworth.  Our research has revealed the following:
 Wadsworth, John b.1796 in Ireland d.1853 bur. Hungerford Twp. Hastings Co. Ontario Canada m. Jane Johnston (possibly 2nd wife) b.1904 Ireland d. 1889 bur. Logan Co. Kansas, USA
 Wadsworth, James b.1840 in Ireland d.1930 in Ontario Canada m. Catherine Rawlins (Rollins, Rawlings?) (b. 1847 in Biddulph Twp. Ontario d. 1942) in 1870.  
 Wadsworth, James Albert b.1876 in Wyoming, Lambton Co. Ontario Canada d.1961 in Lambton m. Annie Hutchison [(b.about 1877-1879 Harwich (England?)] in 1908 in Kent Co. d.1922 in Kent Co. Ontario, Canada
 Wadsworth, William Walter b. 1922 in Port Lambton, Lambton Co. d. 2009 In Lambton m.Gretta Ellen Beggs (b.1922 in Lambton Co. d.2008 in Komoka Ontario) both buried in MacDonald Cemetary in Port Lambton Ontario
  This info seems to fit into the W12 group in the Wadsworth Project.  I would have to get a cousin to get tested as there are no boys in my family.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:34:40 AM by jksloan » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 20 queries.