World Families Forums - James Fields Thompson (test T-70) and T. Thompson (test T-94)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:43:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Thompson (Moderator: Katherine Borges)
| | | |-+  James Fields Thompson (test T-70) and T. Thompson (test T-94)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: James Fields Thompson (test T-70) and T. Thompson (test T-94)  (Read 1187 times)
James Ronald Thompson
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »

I would like to discuss family origin with the person who submitted the test T-94 for T. Thompson.  The twelve markers of this test are an exact match for the first twelve markers of my test T-70 and I would like to compare notes about family history.  The James Fields Thompson pedigree is posted on the Thompson Family Patriarchs page but I have additional unconfirmed information that probably will go back to 1694 from Scotland.  I have information which indicates that James Fields Thompson may be related to John Thompson & Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson, via their son William Thompson and possibly also related to Joseph or Abraham Fields.  This information is contained within Maryland State Records for Fredericks/Montgomery County Maryland per 1776 census, 1778 records, and 1783 tax records.  Some information is also contained in Maryland wills and court records.  (The John Thompson & Yacomintye Eltinge Thompson tie is not yet proven.)  I would be willing to finance the 37 marker DNA test for a direct male descendant of John Thompson and Yaconmintye Eltinge Thompson.  I have located a descendant of their daughter Anna Thompson McDonald but the maternal line will  not work for the male dna test.

Please contact me via the e-mail address included with this posting.

Thanks,
Ron Thompson
James Ronald Thompson
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »

I have contacted the test T-94 participate and exchanged information. ?I believe it very likely that James Fields Thompson, Samuel Thompson (who married Sarah Harrington), and James Thompson (who married Nancy Ann Perry) may be descendants from a common family, specifically that of Ebenezer Thompson of Scotland. ?Having contacted descendants of all three families we are in the process of upgrading dna tests or doing additional tests to support this opinion.

Multiple dna tests seem to indicate that these Scot families came from the area near Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland and migrated probably in the early 1700 time era.

Ron Thompson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 17 queries.