World Families Forums - U5a1a in Sicily

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:43:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  U5a1a in Sicily
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: U5a1a in Sicily  (Read 3203 times)
John Raciti

« on: February 12, 2006, 03:33:04 AM »

Geno Project: http://www.genoproject.com

Geno Project - Is looking at my Sicilian family research to date. It explains theories of - How R1b & U5a1a is found in Sicily?

I am presenting information about our possible origins to help us unlock the connection with greater Europe.

Contact John on: johnraciti@yahoo.com
Contact Jane on: janeraciti@yahoo.com
johnraciti
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:18:21 AM »

U5a1a - Latest Results

My wife and I have an exact matched with MTDNA Haplogroup U5a1a.

We come from the same village in Italy: Santo Stefano Di Camastra (Saint.Steven Messina, Sicily).

U5a1a = Nordic - "Founder" haplotypes in Europe and the Near East (Scandinavia) - were Viking/Normans or Nordic/Germanic people.

I have many matches in the UK - from both sides: R1b1c and U5a1a. I come from Sicily.

I have more information about us at: http://www.genoproject.com
byakhee_2001

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 04:41:23 AM »

Geno Project: http://www.genoproject.com

Geno Project - Is looking at my Sicilian family research to date. It explains theories of - How R1b & U5a1a is found in Sicily?

I am presenting information about our possible origins to help us unlock the connection with greater Europe.

Contact John on: johnraciti@yahoo.com
Contact Jane on: janeraciti@yahoo.com

I think that you had a Germanic ancestor, from a german tribe.

I am sure there weren't Vandales. Because we don't find U5a1a in North Africa.

Probably you have an Ostrogoth or Visigoth female Ancestor.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 05:17:17 AM by byakhee_2001 » Logged
Blackfin

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:56:09 PM »

My paternal and maternal grandparents migrated to the USA from Sicily between 1905 - 1912.  Primarily from the Agrigento region of Southern Sicily.  A few days ago I received my HVR1 mutations form Family Tree which designated me as Haplogroup U5a.  I have not yet received the test results for HVR2.

Here are my mutations:
16114A
16192T
16256T
16270T
16294T
16526A

In reviewing and attempting to interpret these results, it appears that norther Europe and Scandinavia are the areas of focus for U5a.  Being able to trace our family in Sicily, some back to over 200 years, I was expecting Greek (Agrigento was a historic Greek stronghold) or Moorish mtDNA roots.  The only pausible explanation I can come up with is that my maternal line migrated to Sicily at the time of the Norman conquest of that region.  When thinking about it, our family's physical type is tall, lean and light hair and eyes.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Thank you.
Maliclavelli
Guru

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 03:51:16 AM »

Your haplogroup is palaeolithic in Europe, then diffused overall, and it isn’t Northern at all. I think you’ll be able to answer your question about your more recent origin not only by  the HVRII and III, but probably only by an FGS. Your haplogroup could be in Italy from many thousands of years or come more recently. Certainly it is European from tens of thousands of years.

Maliclavelli

YDNA: R-S12460

MtDNA: K1a1b1e

kenny snider

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »

U5a1a - Latest Results

My wife and I have an exact matched with MTDNA Haplogroup U5a1a.

We come from the same village in Italy: Santo Stefano Di Camastra (Saint.Steven Messina, Sicily).

U5a1a = Nordic - "Founder" haplotypes in Europe and the Near East (Scandinavia) - were Viking/Normans or Nordic/Germanic people.

I have many matches in the UK - from both sides: R1b1c and U5a1a. I come from Sicily.

I have more information about us at: http://www.genoproject.com

Your website has all the best research related matters...good!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.