World Families Forums - Cornelius(Neal O'Dair) Adair

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:26:40 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'A'
| | |-+  Adair (Moderator: Pamela A Miller)
| | | |-+  Cornelius(Neal O'Dair) Adair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cornelius(Neal O'Dair) Adair  (Read 1452 times)
Donald O'Dair
« on: February 09, 2006, 08:02:03 PM »

Hello, I am starting a Dna project with familytreedna involving the O'Dair surname. I have a site of information at the following web address: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/o/d/a/Donald-K-Odair/
One family of Adairs has used the Odair name in  North and South Carolina and Virginia Family Cornelius (Neal O'Dair) Adair 1715-1773 (Early Family Records Interchange Adair and O?Dair as a Surname)

At my website I have the family geneology of the Cornelius(neal Odair) adair given to me by a geneologist in the family. There are only two other North American Lines of O'Dairs that go back into this time frame. One is from Pennsylvania my line, and the other is from Ontario Canada. These early lines date from 1755 to 1770 from the earliest Paternal ancestor. I have often heard stories from the Canada Line that the name was changed from adair to Odair from different lines in the family. However, most of this is family lore and there are no records indicating such a change.

Should any of the adairs in your study be related to the Cornelius(neal odair) adair line it would be interesting to compare results with the odair line.

Sincerely Kerry O'DAir

Biscuits
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 07:19:17 PM »

It would help other O'Dair/Adair researchers compare ancestry if you post your family tree at the pedigree forum.  You might also want to check out the pedigrees that have already been posted.  Go to:

http://www.wfnforum.net/index.php?topic=2690.0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.