World Families Forums - Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:36:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Special Forums - Note: You must be Logged In to Post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Questions and News Articles of the Week
| | |-+  Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you found new ancestors through DNA Testing? ( Feb 6, 2006)  (Read 1468 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: February 06, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

Genealogists are always looking for encouragement in their quest for their family tree.? Post your story here.? (Click reply to post)? ?Note: if you are signed in, you can come back later and edit, update, or even delete your original? posting.? Feel free to post as many times as you'd like.

Terry
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:55:34 PM by terry » Logged
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »

I have found the probable ancestral home of my Barton and Hodges ancestors in England.  (Lancashire for Barton and Kent for Hodges)  I have extended my Weisinger line back 3 generations from the Dutch Fork SC to Nuertingen, W?rttemberg, Germany.  I have more, but we want to hear yours.
TerryFamHistorian

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »

Since becoming involved in DNA testing and as the Co-Coordinator of the Terry DNA Project I have discovered at least 8 other "Genetic Cousins" most unknown to me previously and some of whom I had been corresponding with for several years -- we had no idea our Terry families were related in any way!This has enabled me to focus my research on a specific area: Caroline and Hanover Co. VA. Before the DNA test and for 25 years+ -- all I knew was my early descendants were born and died in Craven [nowChester Co.] SC.

I am sold on DNA testing as a tool and am "a true believer".... My enthusiasm about the subject spilled over at a recent Genealogical Society meeting and I have been invited to give a talk about combining DNA testing with Traditional genealogical research at the local Garfield County Genealogical Society meeting in Enid OK on Saturday, March 11th, 2006.

Mike Terry

Co-Coordinator Terry DNA Project

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/t/terry/

romero89

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »

I haven't even found a close match.  Very disappointing.  I'll need to wait until a few thousand more people are tested.   Our Y-DNA is  Haplotype J2 with father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all born in Mexico.  Unusual for J2.  The mtDNA is U5a1a.  I have found that most J2's are concentrated in Greece and nearby.  Tracing my genealogy on my father's side has been a challenge (I don't read or speak Spanish).  Now, with the new DNA information, I can spread out my search. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.