World Families Forums - Feldmann with Haplogroup Q?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 01:15:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'F'
| | |-+  Feldman (Moderator: feldmanadmin)
| | | |-+  Feldmann with Haplogroup Q?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feldmann with Haplogroup Q?  (Read 958 times)
Bronya

« on: April 18, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »

My paternal Feldmann family is Ashkenazi Jewish from Ukraine/Russia (but in living memory Austria-Hungary). I just learned that my father's YDNA is Q, which it turns out only <5% of Ashkenazi Jews share. The Q's mutated from P's in Siberia, from what I read and the vast majority of Q's are still living in the Ural region (some indigenous groups who hunt reindeer like Laplanders have 95% to 69% of Q YDNA). During the Ice Age, Q's migrated across the Bering Sea ice bridge to populate the Americas.

Who knew?

Right now, I'm looking at old photos of family who had remarkably slanty eyes. Heck, one of my passport photos a few years back also had a Eurasian look to it, although I thought it might be the makeup I was wearing that day. But, it was odd enough that I thought about it at the time.

There are Q's in other locations in small numbers, such as the Middle East, Far East, and India and Pakistan. But, it looks like the Q's would have migrated to those places from Siberia where the original mutation took place. Probably the tiny numbers in the Mediterranean region (and elsewhere) had to do with trade.

I'd sure be interested in meeting any other Feldmanns with Q Haplogroup. I'm getting more tests done to find out the Subclade, which will add more information about my ancestors' migration route.

No longer can my father talk about "when we were slaves in Egypt" except apocraphically!

Bronya Feldmann
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 12:17:28 AM by Bronya » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.