World Families Forums - Terry Lineage Group I Traditional Genealogical Proofs - Stephen Terry Hanover VA

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:57:50 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'T'
| | |-+  Terry (Moderator: Mike Terry)
| | | |-+  Terry Lineage Group I Traditional Genealogical Proofs - Stephen Terry Hanover VA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terry Lineage Group I Traditional Genealogical Proofs - Stephen Terry Hanover VA  (Read 2075 times)
TerryFamHistorian

« on: January 10, 2006, 04:41:59 PM »

Terry Lineage Group I
[/b]
T-2, T-3, T-9, T-10, T-11, T-16,T-17, T-18, T-20 & T-21

This contains traditional genealogical proof for
[/b]
the connection of the group to Stephen Terry
[/b]
of Hanover County Virginia
[/b]

(Please refer also to Results and Patriarchs page)
[/i][/color]

Hanover County Virginia references in records of Granville County, North Carolina

Granville Co. NC Deed Book B, Page 162: 8 Dec. 1752 ? Richard Harris of Granville Co. NC. to Stephen Terry of Hanover Co., Va. 400 Acres on West Side of Nutbush (Creek) adj. Norwood and Homes. Wit: Sam?l Henderson, Richd. Coleman, James Byers. Recorded 6 March 1753

Granville Co. NC Deed Book F, Page 222: 8 Feb 1762 ? May Court 1763, Stephen Terry of St. Martin?s Parish, Hanover Co.,Va. to his sons James Terry and Rowland Terry, for love and affection, a gift of 400 acres in Granville Co. NC ? land Stephen Terry bought from Richard Harriss; James to have 200 acres not including the plantation and Rowland to have 200 acres including the plantation and spring. Wit: Thomas Doswell, John Doswell, William Byars (Jurat).

This is the proof for Hanover County ? Granville County connection for T-10. Copy of actual Deeds are in possession of T-2 sent to me by T-11.

OoooOoooO
[/color]

Granville County References in records of Chester County, South Carolina

Abstracts of Stephen Terry memorials and plats in Craven County SC

Royal? grant from Lord Charles Montague to? Stephen? Terry. Granted? 200 A on the Caney Fork of a Creek called Sandy River on
the? Saluda Road between Broad and Catawba Rivers in? Craven? Co. SC--10? Jul 1762.? Note:? Fifty-two acres of this land granted to William Morris by son of Stephen:? John Terry 1752-1834).--Jan 1793.

Stephen Terry and wife, formerly Susannah Glover, both of St. Mark?s Parish, Craven Co., SC sell to James McClure of same,
150? acres? on S.? fork of? Fishing? Creek.? Charleston? Co.? SC, Miscellaneous Records, M-3, p. 498--17 Feb 1769. [This was George Glover?s land -- her deceased husband. She had married the widower Stephen Terry about 1767.] In the deed it mentions Stephen Terry was a carpenter and James McCluer a Planter. [Both Stephen Terry and James McCluer are in the line of
T-2]

Letters of administration to Susannah Glover wife of George Glover, late of Fishing Creek.? Probate Records of SC Vol. 3, p.
26-- compiled by Brent Holcomb.

Susannah Glover Terry granted letters of administration? for Stephen Terry,? late of St. David's Parish, Craven Co., SC. South
Carolina Historical & Genealogical Magazine.? Vol.? 44, p. 48--14 Mar 1770.

Susannah Glover was the second wife of Stephen Terry d. 1769. She was the widow of George Glover and the daughter of Robert Mitchell of Granville Co. NC. Both the Glover and Mitchell families were in Granville County NC in the 1750?s. Stephen and Susannah had no issue.

There is no record I have found which shows the 200 acres of land on caney fork of? Sandy river? was transferred to son John Terry. As the oldest son, John Terry was heir to the land as Stephen Terry died in testate. The land is in present day Chester County near Chester, SC and John Terry is buried there.

This is the last information that shows proofs for the Chester-Craven County family of Stephen and his son John Terry. This is proofs for T-2.

It appears that these families are related from DNA tests results. It does not necessarily suggest this is the same Stephen Terry in both cases. Just that there is a common ancestor between T-2, T-3, T-9, T-10, T-11, T-16 and T-17 with Stephen Terry of Hanover Co. VA who we know resided in Hanover Co. VA 1752-1762. We have enough tests to suggest a modal baseline for Group I.

We have yet to have a male test from Edgefield or Fairfield SC Terry families. These former groups are also expected to be related per the late Jay Terry of Orem, Utah research.

Knowing that T-2 and T-10 could not have had a common ancestor in the last 8 generations, their 37 marker comparison shows that the probability that they shared a common ancestor within the last...

200 - 300 years is 74.24%   
400? ? ? ? ?years is 93.09%   
500? ? ? ? ?years is 98.62%   
600? ? ? ? ?years is 99.07%   
700? ? ? ? ?years is 99.94%   
800? ? ? ? ?years is 99.99%

?   The FTDNATiP? results are based on the mutation rate study presented during the 1st International Conference on Genetic Genealogy, on Oct. 30, 2004. The above probabilities take into consideration the mutation rates for each individual marker being compared.
?   
Since each marker has a different mutation rate, identical Genetic Distances will not necessarily yield the same probabilities. In other words, even though T-10 has a Genetic Distance of 1 from T-2, someone else with the same Genetic Distance may have different probabilities, because the distance of 1 was prompted by mutations in different markers, with different mutation rates.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 01:34:21 PM by TerryFamHistorian » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 19 queries.