World Families Forums - mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 09:48:37 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started  (Read 3621 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: December 23, 2005, 03:40:36 PM »

There is now a project for theT1 mtDNA haplogroup.  Our goal is to see f we can tie our maternal lines together.  Click Here for the website or go to

http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtdna/t1/

Terry
Viurre

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

I have a question about the project. I recently tested my father and his mother is T1. T1 is not my personal haplogroup. Am I disqualified for posting my pedigree in hopes that it may further my family tree search?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:43:50 PM »

Hi Viurre.  You should post your father's mother's mother's ... mother's maternal line - as that is the family that has this mtDNA

Terry
elly

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:26:38 PM »

I'm T1, too.  My Mother's, Mother's, Mother, was a Haywood from Keighley, Yorkshire, England.

Kyle

escobar

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

in what country there is most T1?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:09:43 PM »

I cannot answer your specific question, but I do have the most common mt-T1 HVR1 result and my investigations show that my specific mtDNA result is 1-2% of each of the european countries - with connections all the way to the Middle East.  Exceptions are Spain and Portugal - with less than 1%.  As you go to the eastern edges of Europe and into the middle east, the percentages drop.

It's pretty incredible for a single mtDNA result to be 1-2% of the european profile

Generally and overall, mt-T is considered to be 10% of european results

The countries with the most confirmed mt-T1 results are Germany,  England and Ireland, as they have the most tests.
Phyllis Adamson

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »

My Haplogroup is T1a1j according to FTDNA. No clue what that means. Of all my Matches, only one has a surname match. It's at 5th generation back and there are issues with that individual's identity. I have tried several times without success to create a GEDCOM of any kind, much less for just my maternal line. Is there any way other than GEDCOM that I can post my maternal ancestry line? Or do I refer Matches to review my posted Ancestry family tree? Appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Phyllis

Phyllis
svanning

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »

My Haplogroup is T1a1j according to FTDNA. No clue what that means. Of all my Matches, only one has a surname match. It's at 5th generation back and there are issues with that individual's identity. I have tried several times without success to create a GEDCOM of any kind, much less for just my maternal line. Is there any way other than GEDCOM that I can post my maternal ancestry line? Or do I refer Matches to review my posted Ancestry family tree? Appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Phyllis

T1a1j has mutation 8530G in addition to the root type T1a1. According to Behar T1a1 arose 6997 years ago while the mutation that is described as T1a1j a mere 5221.9 years ago. I am T1a1, but since I am Jewish I have maintained contact with a Jewish member of T1a1j from the time we matched on HVR 1 and 2. He is no longer considered my match by FTDNA since T1a1j is regarded as a different haplogroup. He tells me that he has several Jewish matches, including one of Sephardi origin from Turkey. I know that some of the Jewish members of T1a1j do not appear so from their names, so perhaps you should first clarify who is Jewish and who is not. I have looked up your earliest know ancestress and presume that she is not. Another point is that there are genetic differences between the members of T1a1j. Those aren't in the coding region, but apparently ancient divergences in HVR 1 or 2, but they all still have the 8530G mutation. You should therefore only consider exact matches if you want a chance of finding relatively recent relatives.

Stewart Vanning

SHV
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.