World Families Forums - mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:40:51 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mtDNA Haplogroup T1 Project started  (Read 2566 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: December 23, 2005, 03:40:36 PM »

There is now a project for theT1 mtDNA haplogroup.  Our goal is to see f we can tie our maternal lines together.  Click Here for the website or go to

http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtdna/t1/

Terry
Viurre

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

I have a question about the project. I recently tested my father and his mother is T1. T1 is not my personal haplogroup. Am I disqualified for posting my pedigree in hopes that it may further my family tree search?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:43:50 PM »

Hi Viurre.  You should post your father's mother's mother's ... mother's maternal line - as that is the family that has this mtDNA

Terry
elly

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:26:38 PM »

I'm T1, too.  My Mother's, Mother's, Mother, was a Haywood from Keighley, Yorkshire, England.

Kyle

escobar

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

in what country there is most T1?
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 10:09:43 PM »

I cannot answer your specific question, but I do have the most common mt-T1 HVR1 result and my investigations show that my specific mtDNA result is 1-2% of each of the european countries - with connections all the way to the Middle East.  Exceptions are Spain and Portugal - with less than 1%.  As you go to the eastern edges of Europe and into the middle east, the percentages drop.

It's pretty incredible for a single mtDNA result to be 1-2% of the european profile

Generally and overall, mt-T is considered to be 10% of european results

The countries with the most confirmed mt-T1 results are Germany,  England and Ireland, as they have the most tests.
Phyllis Adamson

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 02:44:26 AM »

My Haplogroup is T1a1j according to FTDNA. No clue what that means. Of all my Matches, only one has a surname match. It's at 5th generation back and there are issues with that individual's identity. I have tried several times without success to create a GEDCOM of any kind, much less for just my maternal line. Is there any way other than GEDCOM that I can post my maternal ancestry line? Or do I refer Matches to review my posted Ancestry family tree? Appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Phyllis

Phyllis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.