World Families Forums - Listing of mt Haplogroup Projects and resource info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2014, 09:42:33 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  Mitochondrial DNA
| | |-+  Listing of mt Haplogroup Projects and resource info
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listing of mt Haplogroup Projects and resource info  (Read 3949 times)
Terry Barton
Administrator
Guru

« on: December 26, 2006, 01:46:25 PM »

I have prepared a summary page on mtDNA haplogroups:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtDNA.htm

If you are aware of any project or useful resource that isn't listed, please let me know.

If you are having trouble in figuring out how to join a mt Haplogroup project, here are instructions:

1. When you are already inside the FTDNA system:

In your personal FTDNA page is a blue button labelled "join".  Click on that button, then scroll to the very bottom of the page - where you should see a listing for mt Haplogroup projects.  Select the letter of your haplogroup, then select the specific project, then select a second gray join button which is lower on the page. 

Or, if this doesn't work for you - call or email FTDNA and ask them to transfer you into the project     (contact info at bottom pf page at www.FamilyTreeDNA.com )

2. When you have been tested by National Genegraphic, but haven't joined FTDNA:

You can transfer yourself, your results and your retained sample to Family Tree DNA.  Go to your personal NGGP page and look towards the bottom for a small link called "Learn More".  Click through the links and eventually you'll join Family Tree DNA.  Once you have done that, you'll be able to join the project of your choice, by using the instructions above. 

3. If you have not been tested at FTDNA or NGGP, you cannot join a mt haplogroup project at FTDNA.  However, do contact the project administrator, as they may have a provision to manually include you.  (click the link at the top of this posting to locate the mt Haplogroup projects, which will allow you to track down the project administrator)

Terry
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:05:33 PM by Biscuits » Logged
Ruthy

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »

I would like to join the mtDNA Haplogroup U5 Project but it is not listed on the familytreedna list.
JamesBianco

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

I would love to find out more but don't understand how to read my results..

here they are: (Marciano/Passalacqua the top result)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:51:05 PM by JamesBianco » Logged
cindiras1

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »

James, since you had your test performed by Sorenson Molecular genealogical foundation, You can open an account at www.genetree.com and have your results transferred there. They will tell you your Haplogroup and subclade FOR A FEE.
ancestryfinder

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 02:00:01 PM »

If I was tested through Ancestry.com can those be included and if so how?
Thank you so much
Sarah
secherbernard
Old Hand

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:31 AM »

I have prepared a summary page on mtDNA haplogroups:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/mtDNA.htm

If you are aware of any project or useful resource that isn't listed, please let me know.

If you are having trouble in figuring out how to join a mt Haplogroup project, here are instructions:

1. When you are already inside the FTDNA system:

In your personal FTDNA page is a blue button labelled "join".  Click on that button, then scroll to the very bottom of the page - where you should see a listing for mt Haplogroup projects.  Select the letter of your haplogroup, then select the specific project, then select a second gray join button which is lower on the page. 

Or, if this doesn't work for you - call or email FTDNA and ask them to transfer you into the project     (contact info at bottom pf page at www.FamilyTreeDNA.com )

2. When you have been tested by National Genegraphic, but haven't joined FTDNA:

You can transfer yourself, your results and your retained sample to Family Tree DNA.  Go to your personal NGGP page and look towards the bottom for a small link called "Learn More".  Click through the links and eventually you'll join Family Tree DNA.  Once you have done that, you'll be able to join the project of your choice, by using the instructions above. 

3. If you have not been tested at FTDNA or NGGP, you cannot join a mt haplogroup project at FTDNA.  However, do contact the project administrator, as they may have a provision to manually include you.  (click the link at the top of this posting to locate the mt Haplogroup projects, which will allow you to track down the project administrator)

Terry
Terry,

You can add the U6 mtDNA project in FTDNA: http://www.familytreedna.com/public/U6mtdna/default.aspx

Bernard

YDNA: R-DF13+ L69+ DYS464X: cccc.3
mtDNA: U6a7a1
mtDNA of my father: U5a2c
YDNA of my maternal uncle: I1*
Ysearch and Mitosearch: UE9BU
Ysearch of my maternal uncle: CEC59

Granna

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »

I too have been tested at Ancestry.com on mtdna.  How exactly to I go about getting my results transferred here and can I get into a group for females.  Also, I am from Haplogroup U and would like to learn about this group.

Granna

wprather

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »

Hi Terry, I know nothing about Mtdna however Soon I will receive the full FGS results.
Starting from absolutely no knowledge, What do I do now? I wish to have my results posted where they are compared (only way to get others). What do I join? I noticed in FTDNA, I can turn on/off results for groups that my Ydna is compared to but nothing to assure my Mtdna is compared to the max number of results from others. The ancestors now are a totally different group.
I am in group 331 which is extended to the end of the year and maybe longer, so I have time to do a bit of searching.
Thanks
Wayne
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 18 queries.