These are the entries for "Phelps" from the Encyclopedia Americana (1959 Edition). Years and places given are for births.
1. Anson Greene Phelps, American merchant and philanthropist-1781Simsbury CT.
2. Austin, American congregational clergyman-1820 West Brookfield MA.
3. Charles Edward, American Soldier and jurist-1833 Guilford VT.
4. Edward John, American diplomatist-1822 Middlebury VT.
5. John Wolcott, American soldier and abolitionist-1813 Guilford Centre VT.
6. Oliver, American merchant and land speculator-1749 Windsor CT.
7. Samuel, English actor-1804 Devonport, Devonshire England.
8. Thomas Stowell, American naval officer-1822 Buckfield ME.
9. William Lyon, American Educator-1865 New Haven CT.