World Families Forums - Interpretation of results

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 12:26:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  General Forums - Note: You must Be Logged In to post. Anyone can browse.
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Interpretation of results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interpretation of results  (Read 965 times)
KenG
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:23:26 AM »

Thank you for providing this site and making so much information available. I have looked on the site and its FAQ and not been able to answer some questions I have. I hope you can help. I would like to determine whether three different families with the same surname are related. I have lineage for all three families from current generation to five or six generations back; then the paper trail stops for these three lines. Can yDNA testing determine at which generation [7th, 8th, 9th, etc?] any of the three lines are related [if they are]? How many DNA samples from each line would be needed to determine relationship? Within each line, there are some branches that do not have living male representatives. I know that yDNA testing cannot be done with the female representatives. Is there another kind of testing that can be performed with female descendants that can still be used in conjunction with male descendants to determine genetic relationship? Thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 15 queries.