World Families Forums - Other Surname Participants

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 12:56:16 PM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'V'
| | |-+  Vickers (Moderator: Ray Vick)
| | | |-+  Other Surname Participants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Surname Participants  (Read 852 times)
Ray Vick

« on: June 26, 2006, 11:26:29 AM »

Some will notice I have added to the resuts table Other Surname 1 and 2.  These men have surnames other than than those listed  in the project.  Larry and I have been emailing with them and Other Surname 1 is getting a 37 marker test done by FTDNA.

They are included in the table for ease of reference and comparison by the "experts".

Other Surname 1 results came from SMGF which tests differently in some areas than FTDNA.

We are excited at the possibility that these men are related to the hap Q VICKs because they may provide valuable additional insight into this line.  We strongly suspect their GGF or before was a descendant of Joseph Vick due to them having a brick wall at their GGF, same rare haplogroup, Other Surname 1 with identical 28 markers to me one off to Larry, and geographical proximity i.e. NE NC origins.

We also are aware of two other non-Vick individuals who may have close genetic connections to the hap Q VICKs.  We are keeping these men informed of our progress and continue to encourge them to participate more in our project.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.