World Families Forums - Robert Waddell Ship builder 1700-1780 ish

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:27:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

+  World Families Forums
|-+  Family Boards
| |-+  Surname Projects Starting With 'W'
| | |-+  Waddell (Moderator: Terry Barton )
| | | |-+  Robert Waddell Ship builder 1700-1780 ish
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robert Waddell Ship builder 1700-1780 ish  (Read 1599 times)
Robert Olifent
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:25:08 PM »

Hi

I am looking for any information concerning the waddell ship owning or ship building family from Crail, Kirkaldy, fife areas of Scotland.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Regards

Robert Olifent
stanrig

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »

This quote from my Short History of the Waddells of Scotland may  give some leads for this family:
Some Waddells in  Fife  also claim to descend from the Holehouseburn family, although there was a large family living in Dunfermline  in the very early 17th century,   a family with even earlier antecedents in Earlsferry and a well known family of boat builders operated for many generations in Anstruther . The Abbotshall Waddells also settled in Fife in the late 18th century. There is also more about them in:  Anstruther, A History, Stephanie Stevenson, Edinburgh 1989. The family appearred to have cousins in  Leith on the other side of the Firth of Forth who were also boat builders which would be geographically logical. The Leith/Edinburgh family became very prosperous in the 19th century- there a many wills in Scotlands people connected with this family.
Do hope this is of some interest.
Gavin Main Waddell

Hi

I am looking for any information concerning the waddell ship owning or ship building family from Crail, Kirkaldy, fife areas of Scotland.

I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Regards

Robert Olifent
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.